Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst players online

Options
  • 02-04-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

In peoples opinion, which of the poker sites has the greatest number of donkeys, in general and more particularly at around $0.50/$1 NLH games.

Im only an average player and need all the advantages I can get.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Every site after 6pm and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

In peoples opinion, which of the poker sites has the greatest number of donkeys, in general and more particularly at around $0.50/$1 NLH games.

Im only an average player and need all the advantages I can get.
    rakeback and bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Well I'm playing on Stars ATM and sometimes on Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Any of the iPoker sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

AdMMM wrote: »
    Every site after 6pm and you'll be fine.

How much more difficult are the games pre 6pm?
    Why do all the regs persist in playing against each other during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Grinders, the reg's who scrape it out for hours upon hours every day. I do find cash games, even micro limits, especially tougher pre-8pm at least.

Post-1am is when you really want to be playing, for those with no kids/job/early morning life in general. You get a lot of drunks and wasters firing their cash and chips around for sport. Next time you're having a bout of insomnia, hit the tables around 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

moumouth on pokerstars... that guy is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

The-Rigger wrote: »
    How much more difficult are the games pre 6pm?
    Why do all the regs persist in playing against each other during the day?

Just because someone is a reg doesn't mean they are good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Any of the iPoker sites.
    I heard Paddy Power is full of donks and Boyles is where the sharks are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Stars has a huge player pool so you will find plenty of weak players if you table select well. Even at 100nl there are a good few decent 'regs' but there will also be a lot of bad regs who have not been able to move up from the limit. I hear the ipoker games are quite soft too if you can bare the software. If you are not too confident in your play, you should perhaps focus on improving instead of just looking for weak players. I would recommend playing some 50nl for a while and see how you get on. Playing against weak players is great and all but you will eventually have to tackle solid players if you want to move up, so it is no harm to be playing against good regs from time to time. However, I would primarily avoid solid players at 100nl as there are plenty of soft spots at this limit if you table select a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

newbie2 wrote: »
    Well I'm playing on Stars ATM and sometimes on Boyle.

Is stars soft enough to make up for the absence of rakeback ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Is stars soft enough to make up for the absence of rakeback ?
    Not really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

partypoker

/thread

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jpr1973

i hated ipoker(titan and ppp) full of nits at 50nl when i played and dont mention the freakin software! i couldnt build a bankroll there at all. I moved to pokerstars and no problem once you table select a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 HibsAreIt

Dont all online poker sites mainly consists of *Donkeys* realy?
    Add me to the donkey list so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Serena08

I think most of the sites we play are the same :mad: donkey being too kind :eek: but in fairness we are all capable of donkey play at times ;)I am gona check out pokerstars myself could do with a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Me :o

I can't play online at all. Like when I play with real people I can usually make it to the last 2 fairly easily and more often than not with the chip lead (Can't play Heads up so it helps) but online I just can't do it at all, wrecks my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

jpr1973 wrote: »
    i hated ipoker(titan and ppp) full of nits at 50nl when i played and dont mention the freakin software! i couldnt build a bankroll there at all. I moved to pokerstars and no problem once you table select a bit

Beating nits is easy. Lag it up and fold when they play a hand

• Advertisement
Advertisement