Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pgce England or Scotland

Options
  • 02-04-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm very confused about whether or not I'm elligible to apply for the pgce! I have a 2.2 degree in English and History, I got a cs in ordinary level leaving cert maths and a c in honours science in the Junior Certificate. My brain is overloaded with conflicting information! So any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Hi,

In order to apply for the courses in UK you will need a minimum C grade in GCSE Maths and Science.
    GCSE is not equivalent to the Irish Junior Cert(GCSE is of a higher standard).
    Therefore you will need a minimum of C in both Maths and a Science subject(Physics/Chemistry/Physchem/Biology for Leaving cert to apply.

where you are lacking in a subject some colleges allow you to sit an equivalency test so maybe that is something to look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishboyuk

hi

for a primary pgce you need to have Grade C in GCSE in Maths, English and Science. Most Universities say in Leaving Cert you need to have at least either Grade D in Higher level or Grade C in ordinary level.

For Secondary pgce you only need Maths and English.

hope that helps

Advertisement