Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra benefit for Taxsaver Ticket holders

Options
  • 02-04-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,273 ✭✭✭✭

It seems that some car insurance companies will give you a reduced rate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Stupido

who what now???

explain please

• Registered Users Posts: 78,273 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get one of these commuter tickets http://www.taxsaver.ie/ and some car insurers will give you a discount as you will likely be doing a lower mileage than others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Stupido

cool thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I like discounts Do you have any firm details like what insurance firms give this ? I already have an annual tax saver so if I can get something extra I may aw well.

z

edit -> note to self - try following the link - it's Allianz. This is good news since I'm already with Allianz, although I see some small print in the banner ad from Allianz on the tax saver site, so I hope it doesn't say the offer only applies to new customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

It really does illustrate just how little actual Official thinking goes into worthwhile schemes such as the Taxsaver Ticket scheme.

Allianz (Probably Teutonic in Origin ?) deserve full credit for being able to recognise that Public Transport and Private Motoring need not be always seen as competitive with each other.
    Official Ireland remains one of the few developed countries outside of America which clings bitterly to the notion that Public Transport should always be viewed in a COMPETITIVE light against Private Motoring.

Allianz recognise that if their Private Motor Policy Holder has access to a Taxsaver Ticket and decides to utilize it for even 10% of their normal commuting needs then that is a reduced level of risk which the Motor Insurer then has to bear.

What a pity that our Government could not see fit to extend the discount principle to Motor Taxation for example.
    Why also is the Taxsaver scheme still not Compulsory for Employers to offer as opposed to people having to seek their employers agreement to join it?

Nope...Our Government,and in particular it`s Minister for Transport recognises that its immediate requirement is to shift people,particularly Taxsaver type clients,AWAY from Public Transport and back into Private Cars because that`s where the REVENUE stream is.....

Its very simple really,but take a fully loaded Bus Eireann 53 seater coach coming in along the soon to be completed M3 Toll Road....It will pay approx €6 towards the Toll Companys profitability.
    However,in the eyes of that PPP company,there is the potential for 53x€3 journeys or €159 EACH WAY = €318 per day in potentially lost Profit to that single Bus Eireann asset.
    Extrapolate that to 120 such vehicles over a 5 day working week and one has the Potential for €190,000 every WEEK in aditional cash flow for the PPP Operator...not an inconsequential sum.

Cue a few friendly circumspect Phone Calls to the "right-people" in the PPP section of the Department of Transport and before you can say Mirabelle Dictu the Minister for Transport is cutting Dublins City and Commuter Bus&Coach fleet by 10%.

The wholesale reduction of the Bus Atha Cliath/Bus Eireann fleets have thus far been glossed over by the media,thanks to a particularly well run Departmental Campaign which has ensured that the core issue has been represented as Overtime Availability for Busdrivers.

Well it needs to be said that it`s not !

The CENTRAL issue in the Bus Atha Cliath dispute is the 10% reduction in Fleet Size followed by a commensurate reduction in genreral service level.
    This scenario is likely to be repeated across Bus Eireann where it will be noteworthy to observe the locations of any proposed Service Cutbacks...Just plot a graph to the nearest "New" PPP Toll Facility....

So lets see if our Minister for Transport really HAS any committment to improving PUBLIC Transport or is yet more oul Guff to be fed to the foolish and slack jawed until next election time ???

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

I got my renewal notice in the door a few days ago and rang Allianz this morning to get my Tax Saver discount. Net result -> 10% reduction in my premium. Result. Mind you, my premium went up almost exactly 10% this year so I'm back to practically the same amount as last year.

z

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

zagmund wrote: »
    I got my renewal notice in the door a few days ago and rang Allianz this morning to get my Tax Saver discount. Net result -> 10% reduction in my premium. Result. Mind you, my premium went up almost exactly 10% this year so I'm back to practically the same amount as last year.

z

Shop around for a quote to beat your quote. Get Allianz to match and then ask for the 10% off

Advertisement