Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying More Than 1 Laptop - Possible Discount?

Options
  • 02-04-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

I'm buying 2, possibly 3 laptops and I'm just wondering does anyone know of any websites/shops that would be willing to give me a discount for buying them from them?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

The best way to get a discount is to ask for one. Best place to ask for a discount is usually a bricks-and-mortar shop. They might have slightly higher prices, butr they also have more room to maneuvre.

It's also harder to dismiss a request to the face, than a random email.

If you're polite about it, and ask for a sensible discount, they will listen to you.10% is probably the best you can hope for. Really, asking for more than that might seem like you're trying it on.

But seriously, just ask the salesman if he can do you a deal, and make it known you'll be buying three laptops, and might be encouraged to spend that money here, if he's willing to move a bit on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭dixiefly

I got a great deal in Currys in Belfast on a HP laptop, fingerprint recognition and the whole works. It was one of the manager's deals. Worth checking out.

Advertisement