Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old Laptop what to do

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I have an old D600 and I am not sure what to do with it as I want to get an NC10.

Does anyone still hold on to their old laptop if so what do you use if for.

The Specs are:
    Pentium M 1.6GHz,
    512mb ram,
    14.1" screen,
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 Graphics,
    30Gb hard drive,
    internal WiFi,
    built in LAN and 56k modem,
    USB2,
    DVD drive.

I did think about selling it but realistically who would buy a laptop at this spec?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Toshlad

Hi,

That sort of spec isn't that bad. I buy laptops like that to recondition and give to students for study use, word processing and spreadsheets.

If you want to send me a private message with an amount you're looking for the laptop, then please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

www.adverts.ie and please read the rules governing the selling of items on boards.ie / adverts.ie as sales via PM will get you a ban.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hiddenuser wrote: »
    I have an old D600 and I am not sure what to do with it as I want to get an NC10.

Does anyone still hold on to their old laptop if so what do you use if for.

The Specs are:
    Pentium M 1.6GHz,
    512mb ram,
    14.1" screen,
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 Graphics,
    30Gb hard drive,
    internal WiFi,
    built in LAN and 56k modem,
    USB2,
    DVD drive.

I did think about selling it but realistically who would buy a laptop at this spec?

I have a similar spec machine and it's running Linux without problem.

It's used for all manner of things, including web, e-mail, IM and documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

plug it into a router via ethernet ,use as a spare pc to acess the internet,to back up mp3s, as a spare pc,to play dvds ,rip cds.UNLESS YOU live by yourself then a 2nd pc is always handy,even to read email.you,d get 100euro for it or donate it to a charity shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

NC110 is on the way may be worth waiting for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement