Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 Pro's con's?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Im thinking of getting this m9 : http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=21

Im just wondering is it a good choice.I've never used it before and I would like to get some info on it before I buy.
    Anyone got any experience with it or comments on it? Pro's con's of it? Etc etc....
    I'd apprieciate any comments or advice on this.
    Also,can anyone tell me where I can get an M9 with a rail on it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Im thinking of getting this m9 : http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=21

Im just wondering is it a good choice.I've never used it before and I would like to get some info on it before I buy.
    Anyone got any experience with it or comments on it? Pro's con's of it? Etc etc....
    I'd apprieciate any comments or advice on this.
    Also,can anyone tell me where I can get an M9 with a rail on it?

I posted a reply on your other thread and as for rails, this one has them and I'm sure you can take the weird thing at the front off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The kjw m9 is very reliable, just dont let the follower in the magazine snap up against a bb against the mag lips, can crack them, bar that, there are no real issues with them.

They come with or without a rail depending on model, or you can get a rail that attaches to the trigger guard, I have one, not the best though.

I like the smooth frame model looks wise, but I suppose you could ask the lads to get in the railed model for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Thanks guys.
    Anyone know if this one is any good?
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=303&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Can the compensator be removed from it? Is it abs or full metal?

Thanks guys.
    Anyone know if this one is any good?
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=303&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Can the compensator be removed from it? Is it abs or full metal?

Performance wise, they are almost identical. Magazine is the same. So, again, dont let the follower on that pushes the BB's through snap against it because it will break either immediately or after a few uses. Looks wise, there is the rail and the compensater. I am sure you cant take it off, I'm sure a saw will.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

If your getting a KJW look after the mags, they are great for leaking unless cared for...

So ya cant really take the compensator off?

zero19 wrote: »
    If your getting a KJW look after the mags, they are great for leaking unless cared for...

How do the leaks begin to happen in the mags?

Dropping the mags alot onto a hard surface can damage the seals. Keeping the mags stored for long amounts of time with full or even half full of gas will also damage the seals. If you are going to store them for a while though do keep a very small amount of gas in the mag to keep the internals lubed up and keep them somewhere dry where the temperature will not change too much either way.

Improper storage usually from what i've seen

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/gascare.htm

Read this, very very good site for handgun addicts like me!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys

How do the leaks begin to happen in the mags?

The leaks happen mainly because of leaving gas in the mags. If you want to keep the seals working, get maintenance gas. You can get it on SE Airsoft. Another thing you can do is spray silicone on the seals. And nearly sure you can take off that compensator.

The leaks happen mainly because of leaving gas in the mags. If you want to keep the seals working, get maintenance gas. You can get it on SE Airsoft. Another thing you can do is spray silicone on the seals. And nearly sure you can take off that compensator.
    Leaving no gas in mags is a bad idea just a little left in is what i usually do, the o rings dry out if left without gas for a while

zero19 wrote: »
    Leaving no gas in mags is a bad idea just a little left in is what i usually do, the o rings dry out if left without gas for a while

Yeah, maybe a little. I just mean dont leave a full mag of gas in it because it will put pressure on the seals. I find maintenance gas is perfect for leaving in the gun over a long period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

Get a KSC system 7 M9 instead.
    is a more authentic piece with a superior magazine which wont leak.
    it has a fully working decocking safety mechanism ala the real steal version
    its hop unit is better than the KJW and marui versions and is adjustable.
    its more gas efficient getting about 2 magazines of bbs per fill of Gas.
    has a harder kick.
    you are more going to get better range out of the KSC version too.

I have 3 M9s the KSC the marui and the KJW the KSCis the only one i would even think of skirmishing with.

As far as I am concerned
    WA and KSC are the 2 best gbb manufacturers out there.

Where can you get the system 7 m9? I have'nt seen it anywhere,I've only seen system 7 usp's.

Where can you get the system 7 m9? I have'nt seen it anywhere,I've only seen system 7 usp's.

AirsoftEire have them ordered in, have a look in their thread. I would totally agree with getting a KSC. I have a KSC Glock and it is the best gun I have ever fired. System 7 guns are supposed to be excellent as regards cold weather and their performance is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Ksc also have proper engraved trademarks and look great.
    This is AirsoftEire previous KSC M9:
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=235&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Can't wait for the system 7 to arrive.

ehobbyasia.com have the System 7 M9s with the black and white engraved trademark versions. I'm waiting for next weeks pay to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

I have the KJW M9 and its a great piece, except for one major flaw. The mag release button is plastic and wears down very fast, causing the mag to drop out when you fire. I've already had to get one replaced due to this issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Any kjw I've used has had a metal catch, perhaps its a model thing, as they do a few abs models also.

I've got 3 KJW pistols and the only one with a plastic mag release catch is the M9. The rest of the gun is full metal, just has a plastic mag catch for some reason:(. Another example of a good gun let down is the JG MP5 full metal. It's not full metal at all, plastic flash hider, outer barrel and hop-up unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

Another example of a good gun let down is the JG MP5 full metal. It's not full metal at all, plastic flash hider, outer barrel and hop-up unit.

you sure the outer barrel is plastic? as even the plastic bodied ones have a metal outer barrel. also full metal generally refers to externals. some hop-units are always plastic like the G36 and sig units i presume it is the same for the MP5
    generally i only hear about metal hops in armalites and AK derivatives.

Ya the outer barrel is plastic on both mine and my friend's "full metal" mp5.
    The tube above the outer barrel, running from the front of the receiver to the front sight is plastic also. The fire selector switch is faulty too.

Advertisement