Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharkscope query

Options
  • 01-04-2009 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Alright folks, just wondering if i buy the 200 searches on sharkscope do i get the full functionality of advanced searches etc, and is it worth it in your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

i have 200 searches, yeah its worth it depends what you plan on using it for! i play heads up on stars and use to check my opponoents and adjust my game. Yeah you can do advanced searches but i dont think i use it that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

the advanced searches are good if your trying to find your best/most profitable game aswel, like you can filter to 9 man, 18man, 45 man, 180 man sngs and adjust the buy-ins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Personally I find Sharkscope a joke. For most sites it only gives sng results for players, which means nothing regarding MTT - same player that has a poor ROI in sng coul be raking it in MTT, you just don't know so cannot judge them so quickly.

Some sites have the full range but I still find it dodgy, it's giving you stats auto for their full term on any site, they could have improved vastly over the past few months. Just because it says someone has -$300 profit overall, doesn't mean they haven't recently won $1000.

I have my aliases blocked, nothing worse than some fool using it having a go at you on the tables "HAHAHA you're down $100 you must be chit!" - funny when you knock them out of that game though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Personally I find Sharkscope a joke. For most sites it only gives sng results for players, which means nothing regarding MTT - same player that has a poor ROI in sng coul be raking it in MTT, you just don't know so cannot judge them so quickly.

Some sites have the full range but I still find it dodgy, it's giving you stats auto for their full term on any site, they could have improved vastly over the past few months. Just because it says someone has -$300 profit overall, doesn't mean they haven't recently won $1000.

I have my aliases blocked, nothing worse than some fool using it having a go at you on the tables "HAHAHA you're down $100 you must be chit!" - funny when you knock them out of that game though :D

But what if your playing stt or HU, not so much of a "joke" then is it? Sharkscope is not meant to give accuracy in mtts so to call it a joke based on the fact it doesnt really makes your post look like the "joke".....btw for mtts try officialpokerrankings.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JulioWonga

Cheers guys. Got 200 anyway. Pretty useful for what i need, and as far as a player's form think the profit against games played is useful to see trends.

At the minute I play mostly double up S&Gs, be interested to hear people's thoughts on the difference in standards b/w the $1.10 & $5.40 on stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

How do yo block your sn on sharkscope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JulioWonga

Just go to options on the homepage and there's one for block username. You e-mail them and then they send you back a link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Thats great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

POKERKING wrote: »
    But what if your playing stt or HU, not so much of a "joke" then is it? Sharkscope is not meant to give accuracy in mtts so to call it a joke based on the fact it doesnt really makes your post look like the "joke".....btw for mtts try officialpokerrankings.com

If you feel you need it to help you in stt and HU games, fine. No good to you Live, i don't see why people 'need' it online. I think it's a joke, I didn't really ask for an opinion on my opinion, it's just ****ty software that some rely on way too much and other simply abuse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement