Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Season 09 Fixture List

Options
  • 01-04-2009 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

Just got this email -

Hey Des, Mikie, Ed

Here is your fixture list for the coming season, this is subject to final confirmation once it goes live on the astro.ie site.

All your games will be played in Wesley 1 this season with exceptions marked with *. These will be confirmed at a later date.

Your games will kick off next Tuesday, the 7th and run for 18 concesutive weeks. there will be no postponements.

Division 9 2009.

Game Week 1 April 7th - Boardeaux V Glenwood Rovers.
    Game Week 2 April 14th - JP Morgan Chase V Boardeaux
    Game Week 3 April 21st - Boardeaux V Interyouraldwane.
    Game Week 4 April 28th - Coca Cola V Boardeaux
    Game Week 5 May 5th - Boardeaux V John Delaney Celtic.
    Game Week 6 - May 12th - Shamcock Rovers V Boardeaux
    Game Week 7 - May 19th - Boardeaux V SS Rovers.
    Game Week 8 - May 26th - Full Irish.V Boardeaux
    Game Week 9 - June 2nd - Boardeaux V Ravenhill. *
    Game Week 10 - June 9th - Glenwood Rovers.V Boardeaux
    Game Week 11 - June 16th - Boardeaux V JP Morgan Chase.
    Game Week 12 - June 23rd - Interyouraldwane V Boardeaux
    Game Week 13 - June 30th - Boardeaux V Coca Cola.
    Game Week 14 - July 7th - John Delaney Celtic V Boardeaux*
    Game Week 15 - July 14th - Boardeaux V Shamcock Rovers.
    Game Week 16 - July 21st - SS Rovers.V Boardeaux *
    Game Week 17 - July 28th - Boardeaux V Full Irish.
    Game Week 18 - August 4th - Ravenhill V Boardeaux

regards,

Terence.
    Astro.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A great way to start the season by beating Gelnwood:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

SS Rovers, JP Morgan and Interyouralwone have all played and won our leagues before. they have all come down from division 3 and 4.

very very tough league, away tougher than expected. bout 8 decent teams in it, no easy games this time and no whipping boys. could be us :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SS Rovers, JP Morgan and Interyouralwone have all played and won our leagues before. they have all come down from division 3 and 4.

very very tough league, away tougher than expected. bout 8 decent teams in it, no easy games this time and no whipping boys. could be us :(

Come on Ed don't be so negative!!
    with so many good teams each teams will drop points.

Its going to be tough yes but I'd rather win this league than playing against a bunch of I-chinas where winning the league means nothing, winning this league with the teams that are in it will be a great achievement and it's well within our grasp.

but ss rovers have johnny strongcock. quite possibly the greatest ever player in the history of astro. us and glenwood for the wooden spoon i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That's a quality league right there. In addition to the former league winners already mentioned, Coca Cola, Full Irish and Ravenhill are hardly teams you'd be taking points for granted against.

Here's hoping Shamcock Rovers and John Delaney Celtic are I-China and Eddie Rockets just renamed :p

On our day we can beat any team in this league - the reall challenge this season will be reaching close to our potential early on and maintaining that level throughout. We will be unlikely to go unbeaten in this league so it'll be very dependent on how we respond to those setbacks.

Agree with Keith totally - a winner's medal from this league would be something to be proud of no doubt.

On the positive thinking stuff, I got the below in my mailbox today as spam and am throwing it in here purely for the laugh to nip any negativity in the bud......any more of it and I'll start quoting Damo Dempsey 'Seize The Day' on ya, you've been warned :D

Dealing with what is thrown at you is for me the most important skill you can develop. The misnomer in sports, business and life is that you have to be really positive. Have you ever trained, practiced, believed in the positive, told yourself it was going to happen and it didn't come off? When that happens most people drift to negative thinking – this is also a lie.
    The mindset to develop for Intelligent Sport® Events and tough times is NEUTRAL THINKING.

1. POSSIBLE: Is it possible you could complete the Challenge? Yes. Do you definitely? No. Do you definitely not complete the challenge? No. It's POSSIBLE. That's the truth and possible leads to a calm or Neutral mindset which is the foundation of peak performance.

2. CLARITY: Focus on what you want, outcomes, end result, not what you don't want. If you walked into the supermarket with a list of what you didn't want you'd be all over the place. Most people ask for what they "Don't want" and then they end up getting it.

3. ACTION: Too much thinking can bring a task to its knees. Make a decision and commit to it. Step over the line. Don’t over analyse. Thinking drains your mental energy and you need to conserve it. The real skill of the mental game is being able to switch concentration on and off.

4. RESULT: You will always get a result. Avoid being stuck and going back a step by asking poor questions. You could end up in a loop of insanity.

5. DEAL WITH IT: Deal with the result. If it didn’t go your way loop back to POSSIBLE. Ask "Is it possible the next challenge, shot, deal, account could be the one? Yes. Re-focus.
    All peak performers when at their best DEAL WITH what is thrown at them. Have you been dealing with everything that's thrown at you, or stuck in the loop of insanity? Use this mindset in and out of the office.

First up is Glenwood and if we play nice direct football but keeping it on the ground, we definitely have the skills to stretch them and get in behind them, 3 points there is very doable.

• Advertisement

but ss rovers have johnny strongcock. quite possibly the greatest ever player in the history of astro.

Yeh, bet you're looking forward to keeping that little feck to two shut outs....though we do have to wonder if he really did bang in all those goals or if they just beefed up his scoring record on the site. Gav seems to have some personal vendetta against him so expect ructions!

Yeh, bet you're looking forward to keeping that little feck to two shut outs....though we do have to wonder if he really did bang in all those goals or if they just beefed up his scoring record on the site. Gav seems to have some personal vendetta against him so expect ructions!
    Thats cos Gavs nickname is Johnny Softcock:D

Case of Gav the greeneyed monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Feck that’s a tough group, Is there any way we could get Astro to put us in one not as tough as this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Fatmag wrote: »
    Feck that’s a tough group, Is there any way we could get Astro to put us in one not as tough as this?

I'm asking them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Calling April Fools on this fixture list, very tough league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des wrote: »
    I'm asking them

lol, now it's definitely an april fools ;)

Nicely done lads...hook line and sinker over here :o

Is that Colly Murphy by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭colly10

Nicely done lads...hook line and sinker over here :o

Is that Colly Murphy by the way?

No, another colly

colly10 wrote: »
    Calling April Fools on this fixture list, very tough league

and you are? feck sake, never posts on the forum and then he comes in a ruins it! i was waiting to catch a few more before revealing all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

and you are? feck sake, never posts on the forum and then he comes in a ruins it! i was waiting to catch a few more before revealing all.

Leave it Ed, it's after 12 anyway ;)

colly10 plays for The Full Irish btw.

I'm just glad it was Jules that was caught out :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement