Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tetra and loss of Sky Signal

Options
  • 01-04-2009 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Not sure how many other people have experienced this problem since Monday but I suddenly loss Sky TV on the RF singnal in my house. Basically I was receiving it from the satelite but couldnt get it on any other TV. I spoke to a local TV repair guy and said the the new Garga Tetra system had been abled locally was interfering with the RF signals locally. So he suggested I disconnect the RF (TV Aerial) cable from my SKY box ... and hey presto it worked straight away. The only problem now is that I dont have any other channels including RTE, TV3 etc. I was on the Comreg website and they suggested buying a filter but it doesnt work. Any else had the same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JerryQ

I had something similar about 2 weeks ago.
    Main TV with SKY on scart was fine, but other TVs that get SKY-Channel on the aerial cable stopped receiving SKY.

I changed the channel that SKY outputs the RF on and re-tuned the other TVs to the new channel.
    To do this, you need to get into the Admin part of the Sky Box - I found it on the web - something like services,1,7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 new to the town

I'm also experiencing this but don't have sky - just an aerial. Reception is awful for the 3 irish channels and can't get any teletext on them either. Do you reckon this is as a result of the new tetra sys and is there anything I can do to get better quality back again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I spoke with RTE NL yesterday and they say it is DTT test transmissions which are affecting conventional analogue reception. They say it could be on test until September and could not offer any advice on how to get a decent reception. I don't have sky so no TV. RTE NL said they were logging complaints on their phone line 1850 584 584 (Option 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

With your Sky box connected by scart to main tv.....

Press services

Option 4 system setup

Then press in quick succession 0 1 Select

This brings you to the installers menu

Scroll down to 4 RF outlets

Change the RF value (factory pre-set is 68) to something else

Save new settings then retune main(if also connected via RF) tv and others.

Repeat if retuning isn't satisfactory.

Advertisement