Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying netbooks where?

Options
  • 01-04-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy a MSI Wind netbook, but I'm not sure where to buy it. I checked some sites and they go for like 300 euros, which is a bit much to be honest. It seems that some go for 200-250 euros on eBay (save for the ridiculous shipping prices), but someone told me I might as well get one for free with a UMTS plan or whatever, but I have no idea how smart that would be.

So what's the smart way to go about buying a netbook (namely a MSI Wind) ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

A_SN wrote: »
    I'd like to buy a MSI Wind netbook, but I'm not sure where to buy it. I checked some sites and they go for like 300 euros, which is a bit much to be honest. It seems that some go for 200-250 euros on eBay (save for the ridiculous shipping prices), but someone told me I might as well get one for free with a UMTS plan or whatever, but I have no idea how smart that would be.

So what's the smart way to go about buying a netbook (namely a MSI Wind) ?

Go up North to Sprucefield or Lisburn and pop into PC World. Thats the cheapest. If its not convenient- buy online from the UK. Why are you insistent on the MSI Wind btw- there are far more desireable netbooks out there (think the Samsung NC10 and NC20 for example). I wouldn't advise anyone buy one on a UMTS or 3G contract.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Would take a look at www.pixmania.ie and check out the Advent 4211 & 4212 , they are basically a rebranded MSI Wind.....nice netbook.

And agree with smccarrick about the samsungs, reckon they are a step up from the Wind/4211.

[edit] The prices seem to have went up again, used to be better on Pixmania.

Advertisement