Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downs Syndrome-Speech

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey, i was just wondring if there are any particular forms of downs syndrome in which the person is fully able to comprehend but hasno speech. They can hear but cannot speak back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

Could you give me a bit more information of what exactly you want to know and ill see can i give you any advice.

If someone can hear something it does not necessarily mean that they can understand what is being said. Many children will be able to hear but may not be able to understand what they are hearing.

More specifically with regard to Downs Syndrome, they will usually have more of a problem with speech as opposed to langauge.

If you are interested in knowing about a child in particular if you give me some information about age and what he/she is saying if anything etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PsychMan101

In order for us to help you, we need the specific details about your inquiry, so that we can provide with accurate answers.

Advertisement