Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE RULES! MODS????

Options
  • 31-03-2009 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

I have noticed recently that in one or two threads.

More than one person has begun to come to this forum with shall we say not so open minded an opinion.

There has been a bit of preaching and whilst christians are very welcome here.

I notice that in the rules it does mention that preaching of your religion , whatever it be Judaism islam etc is frowned upon.

I notice recently their have been a couple of posters that have been taken an overly negative attitude to paganism.

Am i the only person who wonders if they have read the rules???

Now i am not saying those do not believe in paganism are not welcome they are as far as i am concerned. However taking up an saying you hope people convert to a certain religion is a bit much on a pagan forum!!

I wonder do some posters have agendas????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Flame wars can very easily errupt from this type of behaviour,
    to try and lessen a mods load, hitting the report post button is the best way to bring things to their attention. other than that, threads like this are usually not welcome in forums unless a mod asks/gives permission for it.

Report posts, and threads like this usually go in feedback/ helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

Discussion Of religion on ANY forum on the net generally ends in an unreadable mess.

However discussions of spirituality distinct from religion can be very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Apologies Nerin I do not want that at all.

I think i will report the thread i dont want anyone get reported individually or anything i dont think its necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

I notice recently their have been a couple of posters that have been taken an overly negative attitude to paganism.

I'm guessing one of those couple of posters is me. I'd like to point out that I'm only giving facts about what the RCC believes in terms of witch craft/ paganism. I'm not giving any reasons why a person should believe it (and why would I ? - I don't believe it myself). I'm merely clarifying some issues which the OP is misrepresenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Please do not start spurious threads, report posts you have an issue with or pm the mods pelase.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement