Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broccoli, Potatoes, Veg Selection, Kiwis, Melon, Pineapple 69c each at Aldi for April

Options
  • 31-03-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

The latest Super 6 Fruit and Veg offers all at 69c each this month (April) at Aldi:
    Incredibly fresh. Amazingly priced.

At Aldi, we always aim to offer the best value at the very best prices.
    That’s why, wherever possible we source our fresh fruit and veg locally to ensure better value.
    With everything in this month’s Aldi Super 6 just 69c, it’s now even easier to afford your recommended 5-a-day.
    Watch out for more amazing Aldi Super 6 offers at tasty low prices at your local Aldi store.
    • Mixed Vegetables (Baby Carrots, Sweetcorn, Mange Tout, and Green Beans Selection) Now 69c
    • White Potatoes (2Kg) Now 69c
    • Broccoli Now 69c
    • Kiwis Now 69c
    • Honeydew Melon Now 69c
    • Pineapples (Del Monte) Now 69c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I just got some today. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

what would we do without Aldi / Lidl these days ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

last month's offers were not up my street, but this month's tick all the boxes, fantastic value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

They also have fairly large Irish chickens for €4.99. That's €2 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Someone has to be suffering with this deal and IMO it will not be Aldi - it must be the producers or the suppliers.

• Advertisement

dh0661 wrote: »
    Someone has to be suffering with this deal and IMO it will not be Aldi - it must be the producers or the suppliers.

I don't know about that. It is a temporary special offer to get you in the shop. I normally shop in Lidl because it is not too far from where I live. But after seeing an ad, I went to Aldi instead. I intended just getting the fruit and veg but ended up getting my whole shop there. So I spent €40 euro in Aldi instead of Lidl, just because they reduced their prices on a few items. Aldi are well aware that many customers will do exactly what I did. Taking a hit on a few items is worth it in order to get the extra business.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Telgere

Supplier always takes the hit with special offers as far as veg is concerned. We use to supply Tesco etc with most of their Irish organic fruit and veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭denat

dh0661 wrote: »

The producers are squeezed by every supermarket group and they have my sympathy - they seem to take the lowest margin of anyone in the chain of producer to consumer.

I have no sympathy for the "suppliers" or middlemen. These are the people who, together with our indigenous retailers, have ripped off the Irish consumer for decades.

"Follow the money" is the key to understanding corruption and is also the key to choosing where to spend your own hard-earned euros!

Telgere wrote: »
    Supplier always takes the hit with special offers as far as veg is concerned. We use to supply Tesco etc with most of their Irish organic fruit and veg.

And then the supplier makes the producer take a hit. This will happen so often that it will up that we will end up with no producers of good Irish food.
    It's a vicious circle, and at the end of the day, we the consumers are going to be the victims IMO.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

denat wrote: »
    "Follow the money" is the key to understanding corruption and is also the key to choosing where to spend your own hard-earned euros!

You've been watching The Wire too much. :pac:

• Advertisement

We produced all the veg. The vast majority of Irish veg suppliers to Tesco would be producers..... Fruit on the other hand is imported so of course we didnt produce that.

Telgere wrote: »
    We produced all the veg. The vast majority of Irish veg suppliers to Tesco would be producers

So you supply directly to Tesco central distribution ? and they pay the price that you expected ?

I have connections to fresh produce myself, in the south west, that were supplying a C.D.C. for a certain super market group.

They supplied 5 loads of what they thought was €5000 worth of produce in good faith, and was agreed verbally.

At the end of the day, and after waiting awhile, with reminders, for payment, they received much less (5%) than the original agreement.

A Lot of questions were asked, as you could imagine, but at the end of the day they were told "we had a promotion going that week - sorry but you lost out"

5% of €25,000 = after waiting for payment, plus carriage, plus packaging etc.

They wont be trying to expand in the near future, they will just grow enough to supply a local market.

Buy your "deals" in the supermarket to the detriment of the local producer and at the end of the day to your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've worked out that you can buy a 3 course dinner for 4 people for €10 using Aldi's offers. Plus this is a real roast chicken dinner with lovely fresh veg and potatoes. Well done to Aldi for offering such great choice and value.

Starter: Melon
    Main Course: Roast Chicken with potatoes and veg.
    Dessert: Fresh Pineapple and Ice Cream

Cost:
    Melon 69c
    Irish Chicken 2Kg €4.99
    Potatoes, Broccoli and Veg Selection €2.07 (3 x 69c)
    Pineapple 69c
    Frosty's Ice Cream 2ltr. €1.49

Total Cost: €9.93

We stopped supplying to Tesco years ago. M&S where the worst for that kind of carry on as far as I remember. Support your local producers at markets if possible but if your on a tight budget you cant argue with a dinner for 4 for under 10€.

Advertisement