Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recycling double glazed windows

Options
  • 31-03-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

hi

does anyone have any names of companies that recycle double glazed windows? my father has quite a lot of old double glazed units as he works as a joiner and takes out old ones all the time. because they are double glazed, they are framed in uPVC so we're trying to track down a company that can take all of the units and recycle both the glass and uPVC. once any associated charges are less than the fee for going to the landfill, it's grand. ;)

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

shellz wrote: »
    hi

does anyone have any names of companies that recycle double glazed windows? my father has quite a lot of old double glazed units as he works as a joiner and takes out old ones all the time. because they are double glazed, they are framed in uPVC so we're trying to track down a company that can take all of the units and recycle both the glass and uPVC. once any associated charges are less than the fee for going to the landfill, it's grand. ;)

cheers

You could try ARK Recycling in Moone, Co. Kildare on 0818 365828

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

yer Da should be able to seperate the double glazed units from the PVC surrounds reasonable easily, when I worked as a glazer the glass didnt go in until the frames had been fitted ergo it should come out fairly easily, then as he's a joiner he can just make up new windows to fit these and sell them on to people, very green solution n all that

the PVC should be fairly straightforward to get rid of once you have removed the glass and any metal hinge units which he may want to also recycle himself

Advertisement