Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop trackpad

Options
  • 31-03-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I'm finally going to have a go at making an cabinet this weekend. I'm wondering how possible it would be to take the trackpad out of an old laptop and rig it up to the desktop I'll be putting in the cabinet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

To use as a form of navigation? How about a USB Graphics tablet? Be much easier to rig up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Or a trackball, since it's important with a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭ondafly

just use the arcade controls to control the gui - far easier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh, if I can use the joystick controls that would be perfect. I bought a 2 player x arcade joystick thing 2 years ago and have done nothing with it since but that plugs into the keyboard port.

The reason I looked at the trackpad is just that I have an old laptop here that's useless and it might save me buying a trackball and would look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nothing looks better than a giant trackball sticking out of a panel.

NOTHING.

• Advertisement
Advertisement