Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Laptop for around €400

Options
  • 31-03-2009 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I've been asked to recommend a laptop to a friend for around the €400 mark.
    Being a Mac user I don't really know what I should be looking for in the PC ranges. So I hope some one can post a few links or make a few suggestions.

It's got to have between a 12" and 15" screen, Dual Processor and at least 2 G of memory and a fast buss speed and have DVD-RW. Card reader or Firewire would be a bonus.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

You won't get anything new for that price in Ireland except with a Celeron Processor, I have seen some excellent SH deals on Ebay for 300+ in Dual Core. I would stick with a common models like the Dell 6400 also I would pay no more than 25 STG for carriage to Ireland from the UK. The exchange rate is also quite favorable at present.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__Dell-6400?_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=200&_udhi=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Thanks hills,
    Long time no see, so a Celeron Processor's not good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

studiorat wrote: »
    Thanks hills,
    Long time no see, so a Celeron Processor's not good?
    I know, you have been away from the CT forum :)

Celeron is not my personal choice, put it another way, have you ever seen a Celeron chip being used in a MAC?

Answer NO. !

Advertisement