Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing the Splashworld 10k in Tramore this Sunday?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Looks like a nice course.
    Hope the weather's good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭aoa321

I'm hoping to do it.
    Spins wrote: »
    A lot of hills though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Spins wrote: »
    Hope the weather's good.

first half is quite hilly. im planning on running the route on thursday with Sosa(he ran it last week as well). i think he posted a report of the course on his log.
    so myself and sosa will be there, im just planning on getting around nice and handy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

SUNGOD wrote: »
    first half is quite hilly. im planning on running the route on thursday with Sosa(he ran it last week as well). i think he posted a report of the course on his log.
    so myself and sosa will be there, im just planning on getting around nice and handy

I was talking to a girl this morning and she told me that the course has been changed,it was was very tough,now its still tough but is avoiding a few hills.
    I will find out for certain the route tomorrow and give it a go thursday morning.

They had it down as a fun run,but would not be much fun for anyone,no matter what level you are,hills are hills !

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Yaeh, they've changed it slightly. Instead of going up the Lower Branch Road and up the town Main Street, it now goes up the ring road and takes the left at the first roundabout, which brings you out at the CR Union/Xtravsion then it continues as previously until you reach the entrance to the Doneraile walk just below the Spar out by the turn off for the Guillamene. It then goes across the Doneraille walk and comes back out on Church Road, then down Summerhill and back to Splashworld.

I did the new route this morning and it is easier
    ......but ......its still a tough 10k.
    Looking forward to it though...i believe there is face painting for the kids,food market,music enroute ....and someone told me you get a pass to splashworld after,was that an april fool joke or what ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Balance

Yeah hopefully the weather will shine bright on Tramore on Sunday. The course is actually the original route, so that means tackling Main street...or mean street as some are calling it! Once you've conquered that you are on your way. Check out the full course at www.balance.ie

Aswell as the main events, 10k and walk, there will be food stalls, music and face painting so something for competitors and spectators alike, and yes if you are a competitor and fancy a splash in the pool afterwards you are free to go right ahead.

So forget the hills, just think of that home straight after you turn back into Splashworld and the cheering crowds that will shout you home.

Running up Main Street, cool!

Bloody hill !!

I've never run on such a hilly 10K race course before, absoloutley shattered.

aoa321 wrote: »
    Bloody hill !!

I've never run on such a hilly 10K race course before, absoloutley shattered.

Yeah,it was tough alright,the wind was even in our faces on the downhill parts,but i thought well organised and a nice friendly atmosphere.
    I even went into splsahworld after and went down the slides,never got to do it before as i would have been in there with my 5yo.

I'm a big child really :D

Sosa wrote: »
    i thought well organised and a nice friendly atmosphere.
    I even went into splsahworld after and went down the slides

Yes it was good craic, lovely atmosphere, I didn't get to go down the slides though !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

even though it was a very tough course it was still enjoyable and very well run.
    the music,food market , face painting was a nice touch
    and free entry to splash world for showers, pool, slide was a great idea.
    but like all outdoor activities in ireland if it had of been a cold,wet,windy day my memories of the race would be different

Great day, tough course, fun event!
    The views of Tramore Bay and Strand were almost enough to make you forget the hills.....almost!
    Here's hoping it was an inaugural event and it'll be on again next year.
    Well done to all involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Balance

Glad to hear you all had a good, if tough, day out on Sunday last. We are really pleased with the way things went and are are already looking forward to organising a great event again next year.

I should have full results back to me early tomorrow and will post them on the website straight away. www.balance.ie

Well done again to all who participated. See you there next year.

Advertisement