Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carphone warehouse?

Options
  • 31-03-2009 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

anyone buy a laptop from them and what are they like to deal with??...they are doing a deal at the mo for a laptop for €350 and broadband at €20 a month from o2.This sounds a great deal but are the laptops any good??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

i know their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. i had a faulty phone and they refused to fix it and it was only 2 weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sanj2408

I've had problems with a lack of Customer Service with them also.
    Although in saying that it seems to depend on the store. In the Maynooth store where I got my three broadband (excellent by the way) they were very helpful and pleasant.
    I had to return a memory card to the Liffey Valley store however and ended up having to report the sales rep to a manager bacause she was so rude.
    What are the specs of the laptop you're looking at? You may get better elsewhere.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

anyone buy a laptop from them and what are they like to deal with??...they are doing a deal at the mo for a laptop for €350 and broadband at €20 a month from o2.This sounds a great deal but are the laptops any good??
    We'd need to know the make and model of the laptop, incl it's specs. Considering there's a contract involved with o2 i cant see it being the best of deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AFAIK, the standard O2 broadband price is €20/month for 10gig on an 18 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

yes that is correct 20 euro and an 18 month contract....laptop is a fujitsu with 1 gig ram and a 160 h/d...not sure of processor...my brother was telling me about it

• Advertisement

Id stay well away from that sounds like they're trying to clear out old stock.
    I saw a HP Compaq in Currys yesterday for €399 with 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD and this is fairly basic nowadays.
    The standard price for O2 broadband on an 18-month contract is €20 so thats not special at all.
    Have a look around, you'll get much better elsewhere.
    What will you be using the laptop for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

just bog standard stuff...

Well for internet browsing, office applications etc it is good enough but you'd be better off looking around the shops for a better deal.

Advertisement