Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell INSPIRON 1150 - CPU running at 100%

Options
  • 30-03-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi

Have a dell laptop about 3 years old, recently the CPU started running at 100% - that was slowing everything down of course so done a scan for a virus etc. But it didn't find anything so did a back up and installed a fresh copy of XP Pro and reformated the HD, taught that would slove the CPU problem but it didn't- its still runing @ 100% :mad:

Anyone any ideas what would make my cpu run at 100% - i didn't add any files from my back up yet!!

Even tho the laptop is not as slow as it was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Have you checked dell for any BIOS updates? I doubt its a heating problem but it never hurts to open the laptop up and remove the latest dust cakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 AV - TEC

Have you checked dell for any BIOS updates? I doubt its a heating problem but it never hurts to open the laptop up and remove the latest dust cakes.

Never taught of checking for a BOIS update thanks - I give my comps a blow out with compressed air the odd time that usual gives them a good clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Run taskmanager to see what process is eating up all the CPU.
    Have you install a copy of MS-Office 2007 by any chance?

Advertisement