Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man standing

Options
  • 30-03-2009 10:23pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Spinning this off into a separate thread from here.
    PDN wrote: »
    That gives us two main topics:
    1. You are to prove that the Bible has been significantly chopped, changed and edited over time.
    2. You are to demonstrate that such editing makes it impossible for the Bible to be the Word of God.
    Dumbledore wrote: »
    Sounds fair. Unfortunately I must insist on a 24 hour response time [...] I am looking forward to it!
    Rules:

A fight to the death between Dumbledore and PDN. Posts from anybody else will be moved somewhere else or deleted. Last man standing wins.

Dumbledore, being the younger, is allowed 24 hours to reply to any post and has choice of weapons -- so please specify and use a well-known translation of the NT.
    PDN, being more experienced in religious combat, is not allowed to use his "God did that because he can" get-out-of-a-sticky-spot wildcard.

Let the games begin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

The conditions of the debate, being set by an atheist, are like asking the away team to play good football on Dundalk FC's artificial pitch, but I'm happy to roll with what we've got. :)

Dumbledore has made the extraordinary claim that he can demonstrate:
    a) That the Bible has been significantly cut, chopped and edited.
    b) That this makes it impossible for the Bible to be considered the Word of God.

Therefore the burden of proof is upon him. That means he is playing white and I await his first move. (Apologies for mixing up football and chess in my metaphors!)

Advertisement