Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone for Zorbing?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Just thought i'd throw this out there. . . . for the lulz!

Basically you get in a giant ball. . . . Then go running down a hill!

Anyone up for it during the summer?

Here's some info : http://www.zorb.ie/

And here's a "ZORB" :

Zorb.JPG

So. . . Who's up for it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm a little claustrophopic, not majorly but I don't think i'd be ok being in one of those.
    Looks reallly cool though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

You can buy your own here...

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/rolerball/index.html

If you're serious then yes. I would so be up for it. More so for the rolling you off the top of the hill than climbing into the giant death ball myself though... :P :D

ooooh -- I'll come along and be a pusher like FC -- totally! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

*cough*

Um, it's not that kind of outing SP...

:eek:
    it's not?... I mean eh ... ooops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

That looks AWESOME!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

The concept is so awesome, I was fascinated by it when I heard about it years ago, and when at the Mars Sports Show as a kid I got a chance to go in one.

However, when I look for information online, it seems very hard to come by. There're supposed to be sites to do it in Ireland, but it seems very much like something you have to book for a big group privately, rather than something you can just go and do yourself.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That looks absolutely terrifying...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

How about a nocturnal zorb fest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

OMG, yes! Zorbing, in the fúcking nighttime, with glowsticks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Spiralcars

Yep, have been mooching around for info on this for a while, tinterweb doesn't have a lot for zorbing in Ireland, although my 17 year old brother did mention somewhere in Wicklow recently...typically he couldn't remember any hard or fast facts about what he heard. So, if anyone knows where to try this out in Wicklow/Dublin area I would be most interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Moved from the Noc forum.

i think this could be where it goes....maybe...

i'd love to see a noc forum get together, doing this btw, so leaving a permanent redirect to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Ok well if i gets numbers together we can can a 'noc' outing including zorbing and beers, as far as i know the main site is in kilkenny and it has a 750M slope!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭son.of.jimi

Hmm night zorbing seems to be a no no.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Well beers + zorbing (in that order) could end with some dirty zorbs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im intrigued....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

You can put them in water and go Aqua-Zorbing also.

[Crumble, I did this in Rotorua. You can also do in other places in NZ, presumably Queenstown]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh dear heavens.

*adds it to list*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'd friggin love to do this!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

hi
    i checked with these people about the zorbing for my brothers stag, they said you do it in wicklow near rathnew.

http://www.thefunfactory.ie/index.php/stag_events/stag_ireland/wicklow__wild_wicklow/1942

they gave me a quote on how much to just do the zorbing which was resonable enough.

we didnt do it in the end though as we had planned to do quad biking on the other side of wicklow already

i did it in new zealand and it was class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

I'd be on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I believe when you add water it becomes known as Sphering???

I would LOVE to do this!!!

Can't believe you can finally do it in Ireland....previously it was only SCotland and Cornwall which were closest...

Anyhooo, count me in; I'v ebeen trying to convince people to come do this for years!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Spiralcars

Ah fecking stags...and zorbing...and in Wicklow, just about being of the female persuasion stags are out!!! what about wimmen!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Alz®

I done Zorbing in Avon Rí in Blessington ona Stags weekend there at Easter, some craic :cool:

I've been wanting to do this for ages!
    Keep me informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I believe when you add water it becomes known as Sphering???

I would LOVE to do this!!!

Can't believe you can finally do it in Ireland....previously it was only SCotland and Cornwall which were closest...

Anyhooo, count me in; I'v ebeen trying to convince people to come do this for years!!!

Just discovered that Zorbing is now being done in Ballinasloe:D

www.upriver.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ColleenS

You can go zorbing in Carlingford adventure centre now as well:) its counted as a half day of activities so it only costs Š45 per person and they throw archery and low ropes into the price to make up the 3 hours. Its only an hour from Dublin too. Going up to do it next weekend for my birthday..cant wait:) you could check out their website if youre interested in it www.carlingfordadventure.com

Advertisement