Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Scenic Fob Key?

Options
  • 30-03-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where I could get a new Renault Scenic Fob Key or if I was to buy one from the internet where I could get it programmed? Both my fob keys have stopped working and I went to my local Renault dealer and all they can do is get a new one from France.But they are charging €230 for the privilege which is a complete rip off.There must be some sort of car locksmiths who would be able to do this.Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

Try these guy's www.autokey.ie. Should get you going and they are cheaper than the main dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is this the Key fob for the older model scenics or the Scenic 2 key card? The older keys can be recoded easy enough by plenty of locksmiths and key cutting places. The key cards can to an extent aswell but to get a whole new key , afaik they get them from France and go through certain steps that ensure copies cant be made etc (its only active to revieve the code for a certain time)

Unfortunately in and around €200 is the price of modern car keys because of the complexity of security systems. The upshot is that your car cant be stolen without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

Is it just the unlock and lock function or is the key not being recognised in the slot to start the car.
    http://www.keyrepair.co.uk/ is recommended by the users at www. renaultforums.co.uk .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Great,thanks for the replies.Its the new model so its the card fob key.
    The car starts fine but the lock and unlock buttons don't work.
    Unfortunately http://www.keyrepair.co.uk only repair Renault Laguna,Espace and velsatis card fobs but not scenic's and meganes.
    I'll try www.autokey.ie and see what they say.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

PWEI wrote: »
    Great,thanks for the replies.Its the new model so its the card fob key.
    The car starts fine but the lock and unlock buttons don't work.
    Unfortunately http://www.keyrepair.co.uk only repair Renault Laguna,Espace and velsatis card fobs but not scenic's and meganes.
    I'll try www.autokey.ie and see what they say.Thanks.

Does the button still feel like its clicking? If not it might be a case of the thing beign physically broken. Someone handy with a solderign iron will be able to fix it. Just be really carefull if your trying to open it, they are not designed to be opened, you dont want to break it in half.

I came across a place in England on ebay once that repairs the cards. You send it to them, they fix and return it. Havnt a clue of their details though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

Any locksmiths who is staying up to date can now programme these cards.No more waiting 10 days for card to arrive from France.
    Prices are around 180 euro.Still expensive but at least less than dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

Donal at KC Systems in Watergrasshill in Cork repairs these, about 80 euro a pop.

www.kcsystems.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 Mr Locksmith

Again another case of Rip off Ireland.25 pounds sterling plus postage to get the same job done in UK.Do not want to post link.just google Renault keys and 25 pound man will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

autokey.ie fixed mine for a €100.I can recommend them,they returned the key to me within a few days and I haven't had any problems with it since.

Advertisement