Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma on to wall my experience

Options
  • 30-03-2009 1:00pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

May be of interest to anyone doing a similar job.

I have 46" plasma and I wanted to stick it on a wall to the right of the chimney brest. I knew that behind the plaster board was solid brick so I got my hands on 10 x M10 masonary anchors, a stanly knife, various saws and an SDS drill.

The mount is an AM250 which weighs about 15kg on its own!

products_1267_am250_with_display_w_dims_small.jpgproducts_1267_am250-3.jpgproducts_1267_am250-2.jpg

TV is a Panasonic 46" PZ85 and weighs about 36kg. I did alot mof measuing to decied at what height and exactly where I wanted the centre of the screen. Once I had that figured out I measured up the mounting area on the back of the mount and made a template of it (using some of the packing it came in). Thin I used that template to draw the area to cut out up on the wall (making sure that its all level with the spirit level). Now I had a rectangle drawn on the wall the hard work started. Using a straigt metal edge and a stanley knife I scored out the edges of the rectangle.

img9900k.th.jpgimg9905.th.jpg

After much hard graft with the stanley knife and a bit if persuasion from a screw driver the picec came out pretty much clean. It's an older house so the board was nailed on and luckily only one nail in that section.

img9913f.th.jpg

I measured where the top row of holes needed to be then using those as a guide did the bottom row (spirit level out again) and drilled them all. 2 of them had to go through the batton then in to the masonary. I inserted the bolts and then cut 4 pieces of timber to go over them, drilled those a placed them over the bars. I straightened the smaller bits on the right side after the photo.

img9918.th.jpgimg9922.th.jpg

I then drilled holes in the piece of board I took out and placed it back over the timber and bars.

img9925.th.jpg

Finally put I put the mount on with washers then the nuts.

img9929s.th.jpg

Don't have a pic of the TV up there with me but ill stick one up later. I did chin ups on the mount before I put the TV up to be sure it was solid. I filled in around the orignal cuts and gave it a lick of paint. Its not that pretty but the TV hides compleatly. I stuck some conduite in the wall while I had the section out

Very happy with it over all, has a very slight cant to the right but the levels are very hard to get exact and its not noticable in parctice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

neat!

post a pic with the tv up when it is all ready to go!

contemplating ideas similar to yours myself, but don't have the brick wall behind which is a bit of an issue :(

L.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Here ya go:

img9936.th.jpg
    img9935.th.jpg
    img9940e.th.jpg
    img9937.th.jpg
    img9938.th.jpg
    img9939i.th.jpg

Advertisement