Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Ghost Photo

Options
  • 30-03-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

What do you guys think of this one? Sorry if it's been posted before, had a quick look and didn't see it!

"An eerie image of a figure in period costume has spooked experts investigating apparent photographic evidence of ghosts. Skip related content
    Related photos / videos Spooky! Haunting Photo Baffles Ghost Busters The picture, taken in May 2008, appears to show a man or woman in a ruff peering out of a barred window at Tantallon Castle.

No mannequins or costumed guides are employed at the castle, and three photographic experts have confirmed that no digital trickery was used on the photo."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090327/tuk-spooky-haunting-photo-baffles-ghost-45dbed5.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

What do you guys think of this one? Sorry if it's been posted before, had a quick look and didn't see it!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090327/tuk-spooky-haunting-photo-baffles-ghost-45dbed5.html

Thanks SloMo, heard about this on the radio on the way to work, wanted to see it. Love ghost photos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Here's a better shot. I would go with saying its a dummy despite the claims that they dont have any.

tantallon-ghost-copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Really strage... my initial impression was that it was an african person.

It doesn't really look like a dummy, and I'm curious about the height - looks like somebody kneeling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I swear Photoshop is amazing!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

merlie wrote: »

Well, their "experts" ruled out photoshop!

• Advertisement

merlie wrote: »

Have you ever used Photoshop? I've been in front of it over a decade. Seriously if you think PS is the easy answer in this case then you are very wrong. I'd say someone brought up a prop dummy for a laugh or for a bit of publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

ah now sixth - Ive been using photoshop since 1994 and its not *that* hard to do something like the one above.

this is interesting though - http://www.richardwiseman.com/hauntings2/experiments4

plus its open to the public
    Tantallon Castle is located on the East Coast of Scotland, just a few miles away from North Berwick. We visited the site and found the area directly behind the grille is open to the public, and has a considerable footfall because it is at the intersection of a staircase and two battlements.

iamhunted wrote: »
    ah now sixth - Ive been using photoshop since 1994 and its not *that* hard to do something like the one above.

this is interesting though - http://www.richardwiseman.com/hauntings2/experiments4

To get that quality and have it stand up to "experts" pulling it apart isn't "easy" - I was really only pointing out that it wasnt the easiest explaination. Ocrams razor and all that jazz ;)

Its a great example though because I've only heard talk about the possibility of it being a regular pic rather than people proclaiming its genuine.

well i think if people can access that area and the guy taking the photo had no way of making sure that some member of the public wasnt up there then its case closed really. there is no evidence of a ghost in that picture.

the expert looked at the rgb channels btw and claimed it wasnt photoshopped - nothing too 'expert' about that. I stand by my statement that it wouldnt be too hard to photoshop either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

6th wrote: »
    Here's a better shot. I would go with saying its a dummy despite the claims that they dont have any.

Funny, as soon as I saw the picture I figured it was a guy wearing some sort of mask (reminded me of "V for vendetta"), not are you both incredibly good looking but both thinking the same thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

iamhunted wrote: »

Care to put your money where your mouth is, I'm not saying you can't do it but I'd be curious to see how "easy" it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Gillo wrote: »
    Care to put your money where your mouth is, I'm not saying you can't do it but I'd be curious to see how "easy" it is.

I agree! C'mon iamhunted lets see your version of that photo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

The face looks like a leaf blowing up against the grating.

if there was a reason to bother my hole then yeah I would do a photoshop version - but the point is that the public had access the area. where is the ghost story here? Chances are its a real person. The story is more interesting than the reality eh?

Gillo wrote: »

do me a favour there fella and point out where i used the word 'easy' ......... :rolleyes: Im amazed how people shield themselves from non-paranormal explainations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The apparition! It speaks...:eek: :pac:

It does look a bit puppety. in fact, I think it looks like Punch.

he was probably on his way back from a show and took a shortcut .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

WindSock wrote: »
    The apparition! It speaks...:eek: :pac:

Heh, good point actually, it seems I was destined to post in this thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

• Advertisement

i think the last guy quoted in that article is spot on. Its a person walking down the stairs, considering its open to the public.

Really - why are these things classed as paranormal anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I think the fact that the guy looks like the Tall Man from the Phantasm movies is pretty awesome!

thetallman_1.jpg

he might have been on holidays ....

Advertisement