Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Finally decided to make the plunge and go Mac. However, need to decide between the above. I'll be ordering from the UK as frankly Mac's are a rip off down here in the South.

1) MacBook 13.3" screen, 2.4GHz, standard 250GB drive with 4GB RAM. The Aluminium UniBody - €1297 (Southern Ireland: €1590, USA: €1280)

2) MacBook Pro - 15" screen, 2.4Ghz, standard 250GB drive,4GB of RAM. Again the Aluminium UniBody - €1560 (Southern Ireland: €1890, USA: €1581)

Is the extra €263 would pay for my petrol to Belfast, so can anyone make a recommendation? The only difference I can see it a bigger screen and a better graphics card. No improvement on Battery life etc.

Does anyone know if buying in the UK will effect my warranty status here? And is AppleCare worth the extra?

Thanks Folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

This really depends on what you are going to be doing with it.
    I have a 2.2 ghz white macbook with 4Gig ram and it handles all my photo rqmts and video editing etc.

The macbook pro has backlit keyboard and firewire port as well

The warranty is international so there is no problem there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

richieg wrote: »
    This really depends on what you are going to be doing with it.
    I have a 2.2 ghz white macbook with 4Gig ram and it handles all my photo rqmts and video editing etc.

The macbook pro has backlit keyboard and firewire port as well

The warranty is international so there is no problem there.

Thanks for the reply. Both have an illuminatated keyboard, not that thats a huge consideration. I don't use Firewire so again, not a major problem for me.

Suppose its down to price :pac:

Advertisement