Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cagewars

Options
  • 29-03-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

Any results from the show anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

jeff monson won by anaconda choke.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

I took the fight card off the website and bolded winners from memory - think there are a few missing but - winners in bold

JEFF MONSON (USA) VS SERGEJ MASLOBOJEV (LIT)
    Monson choke, rd2

COLIN McKEE VS ARUNAS SLICIUS(LIT)
    GnP, rd1

PETER DUNCAN VS BRYAN GOLDSBY (USA)
    Kimura, rd 2

DANIEL ABROL VS JC PENNINGTON (USA)
    RNC, rd 2

LEE McKIBBIN VS KAROLIS LIUKAITIS (HOLLAND)
    RNC, rd 1

DOMINIC McCONNELL VS NICOLAS BERTOLO (FRANCE)
    RNC, rd1

MICHAEL REED VS HUGH BRADY ( NORTHERN IRELAND)
    RNC, rd 3

TIM McCRORY VS MICHAEL SHALLCROSS (UK)
    KO, rd 2

GARY MORRIES VS JORDY PUETE (HOLLAND)
    armbar, rd1

JOE CLARKE VS MICHAEL COYLE
    KO, rd 1

PATRICK MCALLISTER VS MICHAEL GALLAGHER
    TKO, rd 1

PATRICK BOYLAN VS JAMIE CHEUNG
    armbar, rd1

Think there were a few more bouts - a team ryano fighter whos name escapes me at the minute won a semi-pro bout with some fantastic jitz, i think he's only 16 too, one to watch for sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

That has to be Patrick Boylan.

Aye that's the one.

Seriously he was fantastic, it was like watching a BJJ highlight reel.

When I see him roll I think two things:
    1) I hope he stays that size so when he's 18 he won't be competing against me
    2) I'm retiring.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Great show ran really well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

brilliant show ,excellent fights .only thing usuall drunks out of there trees,
    during the abril fight (excuse the spelling )had to tell one to sit down to
    fook lol but great night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Lifted this bit out of the article:

A further featherweight contest between Dutchman Jordy Puete and Gary Morris threatened to be ruined by an unsportsmanlike punch by the latter as the two touched gloves,
    :pac::pac::pac:

Come on and defend yourself Gary, what will your 'biggest fan' think:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

What is there to say, i made a silly mistake which isnt like me...i regretted it straight away and apologised to my opponent afterwards, although it isnt against the rules it is very very unsportsmanlike and very unlike me and i now see the consequences of my actions...I deserved to lose the fight because of it and now also have a few weeks of nursing a strained tendon in my elbow to think all about how stupid my unsportsmanlike action was.. I was representing Team Ryano and things like that is not what the club is about so i apologise to them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

You're really starting to lose my support Gary. You haven't acted like a champion since you became one!

What did you do Gary? Clatter him while he was looking for a touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Roper wrote: »
    Clatter him while he was looking for a touch?

That makes it sound quite funny somehow. Just imagine the guys reaction.

Roper wrote: »
    What did you do Gary? Clatter him while he was looking for a touch?

Touched gloves with the right hand and quickly used a left hook, as i said already, although it wasnt illegal it was unsportsmanlike and unlike me which anybody who knows me would agree with, flash in the pan moment i obviously regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

At least you're man enough to admit fault, I've no idea but I'd imagine the adrenalin is at its highest at that point of the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

f*&k it, its a combat sport he should always expect the unexpected! plenty of people have done it, your not the first, wont be the last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

manny gamburyan did something similar. all is fair in love and and war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You're really starting to lose my support Gary. You haven't acted like a champion since you became one!

The guy just stepped up to the plate and apologized to everyone, including his team - let him have that at least.

A little qoute I seen during the week, I think its time to pass it along..

'Never look down on a man, unless your helping him up'.

Gary, fair play to ya man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Well said Mairt +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Gary knows he made a big mistake but i think everytime u post karatekrazy gary is in ur posts dose gary know u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭wetdogsmell

at least hes man enough to admit hes wrong, thats all he can do unless any of yous can lend him a time machine

Apology or not it makes no difference, i still done it and have to try to deal with the direct consequences of what that action has done...looks like ill be taking a long break from MMA.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Judomad wrote: »
    Apology or not it makes no difference, i still done it and have to try to deal with the direct consequences of what that action has done...looks like ill be taking a long break from MMA.......
    Why?

It's a bit of a dick thing to do but nothing to get that worked up about either. Guys touching gloves before the fight actually starts instead of after the bells clears all this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Judomad wrote: »

What are you on about Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Why?

It's a bit of a dick thing to do but nothing to get that worked up about either. Guys touching gloves before the fight actually starts instead of after the bells clears all this up.

Exactly, excellent idea saves all this hassle, i love watching MMA fights,
    but there's too much touching gloves going on.
    Touch at the start and touch at the end of the fight, End of IMO.
    Don't be to hard on Judomad things can get crazy when the bells rings even though it is poor sportsmanship, it takes a big man to apologize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Why?

It's a bit of a dick thing to do but nothing to get that worked up about either.

It's more than a dick thing to do. It's really really really poor form and it erodes the trust you have in your opponent. If you want to go straight to fighting then don't touch gloves.

I'm not taking a pop though. Fair play for him to have the balls to instantly admit he was wrong and accept the consequences. Most men wouldn't and it just sounds like a rush of blood

Just out of interest does it look like you could be black balled now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Just out of interest does it look like you could be black balled now?
    I've a certain amount of influence with certain Galway based promoters, I'm pretty sure I can get him a fight if he wants it. :pac:
    It's more than a dick thing to do. It's really really really poor form and it erodes the trust you have in your opponent. If you want to go straight to fighting then don't touch gloves.
    I haven't seen the incident so can't really comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭bella1

gary has apoligized for this ,
    he will be out injured 4 a couple of weeks.
    we all make mistakes .
    lets hope this is the end of this a we can all move on.
    ANDY RYAN TEAM RYANO MMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Karatekrazy

lets see gary vs tim murphy. that would be an epic fight.

someone make it happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Anyone who knows Gary knows the action he done was out of character-His coaches told him how they felt about it and when i seen him i told him it was out of order too, he knew that himself so did not need to be lectured any further.

He wont make the same mistake twice, and he apologised to all concerned also.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Advertisement