Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids new bikes for €25

Options
  • 29-03-2009 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Best value I have seen in ages. Kids bikes (new) selling for €25. Loads of different ones and they say the normal price was €140. Shop closing down seemingly on Wednesday. No connection to shop...just thought it nice to share. I bought 3 in different sizes to put away for the future.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

eh where is the shop??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Where? We like to have links or a location .. so we can go and buy them ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 petra187

The bikes are in a shop in Camden Street right next to the Ulster Bank. A brown fronted building. Not sure of the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Please don't just buy a kids bike because they are cheap. Cheap usually equals heavy and prone to falling apart. Buy something that fits them, is sturdy and built well.

• Advertisement

That sounds like real sour grapes. I saw the same bikes for €135 elsewhere. I am delighted with my purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

what's the name of the shop? contact details?

Sorry the only deails I know is that the shop is right beside the Ulster Bank in Lower Camden Street and has a brown shop front. Its open in the afternoons to sell of the bicycles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

it sounds like its penny farthing cycles

Actually Pennyfarthing bicycle shop is next door to the clearance shop

• Advertisement

I just remembered it has furniture in the front window and sale signs outside. Not hard to find. Everything is being sold off. Not a bicycle shop.They were selling a lot when I was there so hope you're lucky.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

petra187 wrote: »
    That sounds like real sour grapes. I saw the same bikes for €135 elsewhere. I am delighted with my purchase

What do you mean sour grapes? I simply wouldn't by an safety critical device (especially for my kids) based on the cheapest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Can someone confirm please, are any kids bikes left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

What do you mean sour grapes? I simply wouldn't by an safety critical device (especially for my kids) based on the cheapest price.
    They could be perfectly good bikes, they may not the top of the range, but if you wanted high spec kids bikes, you'd pay the money

I agree! The bicycles appear perfectly solid to me! No plastic bits! My husband has checked over all the nuts and tightenend everything up. Took only a half hour and we are delighted! My neighbour bought 2 this evening. :)

Found none left it the shop, is that's the one just beside ulster bank, on its right if facing to entrance of the bank?

Just back from the shop. About 6o left and prices range from 20 to 40 euro mostly. Furniture show with brown front RIGHT next door to the Ulster Bank on Camden St. Maybe Kat you went into the bicycle shop ( 2 doors from bank) in error???? Open until 7pm this eve. Happy hunting.

I did indeed went to bycycle shop, looked around and didn't find anything similar what described. What is the shops called?

Its not the bicycle shop. Its the one next door to the Ulster Bank and beside the bike shop. Bikes probably all gone now. I know 3 more people that got 2-3 bikes each there today. No name over the door. Sorry you missed it.

Hi,

Thanks for update, I found one yesterday, but couldn't find anything suitable for my little one. On my leaving there was about 20 left, assuming they not all gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement