Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA difficulty

Options
  • 29-03-2009 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi guys,

I will be starting a Finance Graduate training program soon, the accounting body i will be training with is ACCA.

How difficult are the ACCA exams?

for example, is it more difficult than the leaving certificate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

It depends at what level you are starting at.

The further along you go the harder the exams get naturally however exams are easy.

You learn the questions learn the answers thats exam technique.

Having an understanding of the subject is the difference between passing an exam and getting high grades.

If you study and practice the exam questions you will have no problem, if you start studying in the final week up to the exam then you will struggle with them.

Good luck.

Check out accountingstudents.co.uk I think thats the url or google it for a website for accounting student. UK based but extremely helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Connery wrote: »
    for example, is it more difficult than the leaving certificate?

I would say the Leaving Certificate is the hardest set of exams you'll ever face. This is because it stretches from subjects like Irish to Physics.

However, are the exams in ACCA harder than, say, leaving cert accounting - on average I'd say yes they are. By quite a bit I'd suggest.

However, as has been said above you start off steady enough, and the entry level exams, while at degree level, would hardly be more difficult than leaving cert accounting.

Good luck

Advertisement