Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back into it...

Options
  • 29-03-2009 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I used to love VF. I started off with FS '98 and a very basic joystick. When FS 2000 came out I got that and bought myself a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick and boy was that good!! I signed up to the online FS 2000 on MSN and had great fun. That joystick is one of the best I have tried and I was so disappointed that I couldn't get it to work fully on my W2K system.

I have now dug out the Force Feedback again, but still can't get it to work via the added game port attachment. I have still got my copy of Windows '98 and wonder if it would be worth a dual booting system so I can use the joystick again, but I suspect that more recent FS software, such as FSX will not work with '98.

I so love that joystick.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The Sidewinder pro was a great joystick indeed, but not a hope in hell of FSX working on Win 98. Its possible FS2002 or 2004 would however

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Thanks for the reply Neon.

I knew it wouldn't be easy. Even after what must amount to weeks of searching for a fix for the Sidewinder and W2K, I have not been successful.
    So if anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Other than that, what are my online options with Win '98 and my old copy of FS2000 or even FS2004 which works with Win '98? Are there any?

Advertisement