Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dell Latitude CP

Options
  • 29-03-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I have an old Dell Latitude CP packed away. I'm wondering if I should just bin it or try selling for spares/repairs?

Thing is, it works perfectly. I was running windows 2000 pro on it about a year ago with no problems, other than a bit slow when doing pics etc it was fine. The case is a wreck though. A couple of cracks around the base and screen.

What would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I guess it depends on how damaged the case is, but I would check some of the local classifieds sites, like Ebay, and find out what similar laptops in similar condition are going for. If they are still selling, I would reinstall windows and place an ad.

You will almost always make more money with a working computer, then a parts one. Just make sure to be very honest about the condition and take a number of pics of the case, so they can see the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kleefarr wrote: »
    I have an old Dell Latitude CP packed away. I'm wondering if I should just bin it or try selling for spares/repairs?

Thing is, it works perfectly. I was running windows 2000 pro on it about a year ago with no problems, other than a bit slow when doing pics etc it was fine. The case is a wreck though. A couple of cracks around the base and screen.

What would you do?
    I am a great fan of the CP range and have a few of them in mint condition including my first ever purchased laptop, They were probably the most solid built of any Dell laptop, parts ie caddies, batteries PSU's, dock stations etc were interchangeable for years right into the P4 range.

You can still pick up spares, keyboards, screens, case part replacements etc dirt cheap on Ebay, They also make a great back up machine for surfing, keeping word docks, MP3 jute box, and are also suitable as a starter laptop for kids and the elderly.

For the price that you would get on this laptop on Ebay its hardly worth selling, thats why I have still hung on to mine. You would get a replacement bezel cheap on Ebay, a common weak point on these laptops was the screw fixture between the two drive bays would crack/ break off needing a replacement upper (touchpad) panel.

Advertisement