Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funky Seomra: alcohol & drug free night club dedicated to dance - RDS April 18

Options
  • 29-03-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Funky Seomra - Opening night in The RDS (April 18) [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date: Saturday April 18th
    Time: 8pm - 1.30am
    Venue: Concert Hall, RDS
    Entry: 15 euro

Everyone welcome
    Email: danceindublin@gmail.com
    Mobile: 086 0546556

The Funky Seomra: an alcohol and drug free night club dedicated to dance. Due to huge demand from previous sold out events The Funky Seomra has moved to the beautiful RDS Concert Hall.

The first of its kind in Ireland, The Funky Seomra offers a unique 'festival feel' Saturday night out.

Participants of all ages fill the spacious dance floor with very danceable music from around the world or lounge on giant Budda Bags in the chill-out area. There are organic snacks, chocolate treats, hot drinks, juices and smoothies available in The Funky Seomra cafe area, which offers very affordable prices. Stunning visuals, lush lighting, top class sound systems, live music, along with the friendly welcoming atmosphere are some of the ingredients which make this such a special night out.

'The Funky Seomra, going there was probably the best decision I have made this year', Patrick. Eleanor, another participant had this to say: "It was the most mesmerisingly amazing night of dance!" Valerie said "It was a beautiful event… so much more than just a dance event.

Imagine yourself on a night out in an exciting club atmosphere where you're free to dance anyway you like without limitations, to the lush beats of funky world music accompanied by live African drummers. All this in a vibrant ecstatic atmosphere without alcohol or drugs.

David Mooney, who runs the event, said 'This is what I have been looking for in Dublin for a long time: a good Saturday night out dedicated to dance, with a great club atmosphere without the alcohol or drugs. I began to speak to my friends about this and realised that many people have wanted exactly the same thing for a long time.'

For more details see: www.dublin.ie/websites/movement
    [/FONT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Crannog wrote: »
    very danceable music from around the world... lounge on giant Budda Bags in the chill-out area.... Stunning visuals, lush lighting, top class sound systems

Sounds like the perfect place to drop a few trips.:D No rowdy drunks to annoy you either, I'm seriously thinking of going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No waii, I was plannin to open a club like this some day!

Damn pirates stealin me toughts!!!

PS I really like Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Feeonaw

This is such a fantastic idea and I'm delighted to see that it has been so successful! There are so many people out there who want to have a drink / drug free night out...and they deserve it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

unreggd wrote: »
    No waii, I was plannin to open a club like this some day!

Damn pirates stealin me toughts!!!

PS I really like Tony
    You always could... They could certainly do with some competition! Its a good thing!
    You guys could start a new revolution! And give my band a spot to perform... :p

And i really should check out that place someday... It should be a great place to meet people too. For once you can have an intellectual conversation with someone at a night club!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

A friend of mine went to this a month or two ago, and is still raving about it.

Delighted to find it here, I will be definitely going to the one in may.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mardybum

wow, am just listenin to a show about this on the radio. Sounds absolutely deadly! I am definitely goin next time. Was anyone there? What did you think? Worth the (steep) €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Heard the show also on Radio 1, sounds interesting alright, groooovy in fact! :P

Advertisement