Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Overheating Problems

Options
  • 29-03-2009 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi guys So I have a Dell Studio since September as it regularly gets overheated. So bad that its too hot to touch the bottem of it.
    Also 4 or 5 times it was overheated and i continued to use it and it would just knock off. Does anyone have a soloution.
    Should I send it away of is there a way to clean it. maybe dust is collected?? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Dell laptops do tend to run hot, but if it's knocking off because of it get onto their tech support straight away and use that warranty before it runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tpotter

I agree with the above poster, leninbenjamin, that if it is getting so hot that the computer cuts off, you should contact Dell. This is often an indication of a broken fan or other faulty component, where the computer shuts off so the hardware does not become damaged.

However, where you use your laptop can also play a role in it getting too hot. For example if it is in a really tight space, with no air flow, it would get much hotter than if it were on a desk in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What are the specs of the laptop? What model graphics does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Might just be dust in the heatsink. Blasting it out with a can of air dropped my average temperatures by ten degrees.

Advertisement