Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy relationship

Options
  • 29-03-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Quick short story, I was interviewed recently in a magazine and was asked about a few females, i answered a particular celebrity girl.
    My gf (going out 3.5years) saw the mag and was grand about it, was published around 2weeks ago. Last night she was out at a birthday party and a couple of her friends were saying that they saw the mag and how the particular celebrity looks nothing like my gf. My gf rang me giving out to me at 3.00am (she wasn't drunk either), I was out as well. I freaked at her calling her pathetic and childish and she hung up the phone. She texted me saying how upset she was and doesn't like when I shout, I didn't text back and woke up this morning with 7 missed calls and a few texts.
    I texted her this morning saying she was ridiculous and I asked for an apology, have not got a txt back yet.

Small things like this have happened before and she gives out. She is a very pretty girl but very insecure. I don't want to break up with her as I do genuinely love her so I am wondering how I can fix these things. I have been told on countless occasions from girls that I am an extremely good boyfriend so I just don't know what to do.
    Sorry abut the rant just needed to get it off my chest
    Just needed to get this off my chest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

It's only 13:48, if she doesn't reply you by the evening then you should call her...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ok I'm not sure I actually can understand your post in the first place. It seems like there are some details missing ...?
    Quick short story, I was interviewed recently in a magazine and was asked about a few females, i answered a particular celebrity girl.
    What do you mean you "answered a particular celebrity girl?" As in you were talking about this celebrity? What did you say about her that would've caused your gf's friends to cause drama?
    Last night she was out at a birthday party and a couple of her friends were saying that they saw the mag and how the particular celebrity looks nothing like my gf.
    What does that have to do with anything? Her friends are stirring things because she looks nothing like this celebrity girl? Why should that even bother your gf or her friends? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MIN2511 wrote: »
    ...if she doesn't reply you by the evening then you should call her...

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that no matter how unreasonable someone is being with you, it isn't license to start insulting them. This is pretty basic stuff, OP. You too have caused damage and self defense as an excuse doesn't wash IMO. I wouldn't start demanding apologies until you're prepared to reciprocate.

So I'm definitely in the you should call her camp.

You already know she's insecure and if you want to be with her, accepting this fact has to involve giving her room to be insecure. Or you can always just leave her.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Calling a girlfriend pathetic and childish is never a good thing. Also now that you have asked for an apology? Sure, she shouldn't have freaked out at you over this celebrity thing, but she also deserves an apology from you..

If you're a stubborn kind of guy, i suggest you swallow a little bit of your ego and call her. Apologise and she will probably apologise too. She's more than likely a bit hurt that you have demanded an apology, but if you offer one she will too. Relationships are about give and take afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

She rang him at 3am not to talk about it, but to give out to him. If you're going to do that kind of thing then you'd need something better than ''you said some celebrity is hot'' tbh.

Also, why are we glossing over her actions as 'she's insecure'. That's not a good enough reason for her actions tbh. Nobody's perfect, but you learn not to let every emotion affect your actions.

She saw it once and was grand about it. Who wouldn't be? Then her friends point out that her and the celeb don't look the same and the gf goes nuts. After 3.5 years she and the OP are probably very close, but friends are honest with each other. Her actions were childish, and I'd expect my gf to call me out likewise. To be upset doesn't make it ok to be wrong.

What was in those morning texts is of interest though too. If she was regretful then you both should move on. If she was further crazy then she needs to get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

And if the OP had said at that stage that he wasn't prepared to talk about it until the morning and switched his phone off then he would have been perfectly entitled to his apology but he did wade in himself.

He shouldn't be rewarded for an equally childish and pathetic response. She is jealous, insecure etc etc and he can't respond to that by being consciously and deliberately childish and pathetic. He's the one who's supposed to be together and he threw his dummy on the floor...

Advertisement