Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

creative/vintage hairdresser in Dublin

Options
  • 29-03-2009 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good hairdresser in dublin city centre who would be able to recreate 1940s-1950s style, a la Betty Page/Dita Von Teese.

Thanks in advance.

TA:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The hairdresser that Mrs. Goat uses on burlesque nights out is sadly off ill at the moment. However I do know that there are numerous videos on the You Tube thingy showing how to do 'Victory Curls' at home. That might tide you over untill you find a hairdresser who will do more adventerous styles for you.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tattooannie

OldGoat wrote: »
    The hairdresser that Mrs. Goat uses on burlesque nights out is sadly off ill at the moment. However I do know that there are numerous videos on the You Tube thingy showing how to do 'Victory Curls' at home. That might tide you over untill you find a hairdresser who will do more adventerous styles for you.

Nice!

Can you tell me the hairdresser's name or salon so I know for next time?:D

I'll get the details and PM you. She's going to be off work for a few months though. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

OldGoat wrote: »

Burlesque night...?

Pythia wrote: »
    Burlesque night...?
    There are a few burlesque clubs around (The Tassel Club, The Dublin Burlesque Ball, The Pony Girls). It seems that vintage 1940's era has become popular again. The sad thing is that now I'm not as unique as I once thought with hundreds of others now dressing in an older/vintage/retro style that I have admired and aspired to for years. Sadly it makes it difficult to pick up bargains in the vintage shops anymore as demand rises.

Burlesque is an americanised version of cabaret, but with the emphasis on shimmies and bump & grind rather then on the political satire of the cabarets. That is not to say that there is no comedy or satire in the burlesques. They feature acts both national and international. They are wonderfully entertaining and a marvellous excuse to get dressed up in your evening gown, tux, corset, spatz, opera-gloves, fedora, stockings ect., depending (though not obligated) to gender. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Pal of mine won Belle of the Burlesque Ball at the weekend.

That was the first I heard of the new trend.

Lots of people into Swing Dancing, but that's been going on for a good few years now.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Pal of mine won Belle of the Burlesque Ball at the weekend.

That was the first I heard of the new trend.

Lots of people into Swing Dancing, but that's been going on for a good few years now.
    I was talking to her for a few minutes on the night. She looked wonderful. A fun night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's funny burlesque is mentioned as I just went to a burlesque dancing class at the weekend. I was not aware of clubs in Dublin.

Pythia wrote: »
    It's funny burlesque is mentioned as I just went to a burlesque dancing class at the weekend. I was not aware of clubs in Dublin.
    Getting your shimmy on? :)

Advertisement