Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf: Anniversary Edition - All The Shows [DVD]£33.98

Options
  • 29-03-2009 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I dont know if this has been posted already, but here is the link

Worthy of the whole 8 series for £33.98, gotta be worth a gamble, also new episodes have been commissioned by Satellite Broadcaster Dave for Easter holidays.

Back to Earth appears on Dave from April 10th.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Great value.. first 5 seasons are brillant and then it slowly declined into a horrific 8th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

^ That has to be post of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Sappy404

basquille wrote: »
    Great value.. first 5 seasons are brillant and then it slowly declined into a horrific 8th season.

If there's certain seasons you don't like, you can buy each one individually for under £7 each from Amazon as well, the added bonus being that each season is a 2-disc set containing the episodes and the special features. The 'All The Shows' box set has no special features at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

basquille wrote: »

Here's hoping the Easter weekend three-part special on Dave is more like seasons 3 or 4 than seasons 7 or 8...!

For those who are blisfully unaware: http://dave.uktv.co.uk/library/red-dwarf/

Ah, didn't spot link in OP's post....

...but then it was such an important point, it deserved mentioning twice, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

I was on the Red Dwarf website earlier on y'day & saw the links it had to Play & Sendit & was shocked at the huge mark-up both had on selling the 20th Anniversary Ed.
    Red Dwarf: 20th Anniversary - All The Shows (10 Disc)

Sendit.com £37.89 = DVD €43.99 [40.7346 EUR - xe.com]
    Play.com £33.99 / EUR 44.49 [36.5462 EUR - xe.com]
    Amazon UK £33.98 but confused about different prices at checkout previously, different VAT prices?
    could someone explain that.

I came across this handy ad on Amazon uk for a price checker

I also sent them an email regarding on why is there such a big markup when using the currency converter on the site eg:
    Here is the reply:
    Thank you for your email.

Please accept our apologies for any confusion in this matter.

Due to a higher processing cost on Euro transactions and fluctuations in the exchange rate there may be a difference in price when ordering in Euros.

If you have any further queries please consult the FAQ section of our Help pages. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Support Team on 0845 800 1020 (UK only) or +44 (0)1534 877 595 (outside UK). Our opening hours are 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Red Dwarf: 20th Anniversary - All The Shows (10 Disc)

Sendit.com £37.89 = DVD €43.99 [40.7346 EUR - xe.com]
    Play.com £33.99 / EUR 44.49 [36.5462 EUR - xe.com]
    Amazon UK £33.98 but confused about different prices at checkout previously VAT?

I also checked against for another item for someone, as they'll probably not give it back/forget as its a good series below.

Play.com
    Firefly: Complete Series 1 (4 Discs): 5 out of 5 stars
    £10.99 / EUR 14.49 [11.8122 EUR - xe.com] Free Delivery

Sendit.com

Firefly - Complete Series

DVD DVD £16.89 / €19.49 [18.1519 EUR- xe.com]

• Advertisement

Play.com have their own conversion rate which sucks yeah, I'm unsure whether sendit.com do too. Think the play.com conversion is fixed around .78. I ordered it from sendit.com and the invoice says it in sterling but I'm waiting to see it taken out of my credit card.

Btw nice one OP!

The price has now gone up to £37.98, that was quick :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i had ordered this from play and got it for 44.49, it just arrived and it comes in a big box
    the same size roughly as a guinness book of records, with the discs in the seperate pages for each season

superfly wrote: »
    i had ordered this from play and got it for 44.49, it just arrived and it comes in a big box
    the same size roughly as a guinness book of records, with the discs in the seperate pages for each season

Yeah according to a few reviews on Amazon, its the length of an A4 folder & will have to fit in sideways on your shelf, but still worth the money.

The cheapest one can be bought on bbcshop website according to finddvd.

Advertisement