Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethos In Thomastown

Options
  • 28-03-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

I was going to book a table in Ethos restaurant in Thomastown after reading good reviews online. Unfortunately it seems to be closed. Anyone know what happened, is it closed permanently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thesocial

seems to be gone for good. Premises to let sign on door. I live in Thomastown and didn't even know it was closing wouldn't mind but it was starting to do really well at lunchtime.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tazpm

Heard they ran out of money! Couldn't pay staff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They still have their website going; Thomastown village :D
    http://www.ethosbistro.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's usually the case - the small niche business go first, followed by the restuarants. The surprising thing about this recession is the number of big names that went under before the knicker and pie shops did.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zarkava

The guy from Cafe Sol in Kilkenny has bought it and it's due to re-open soon. Hopefully it will be more of the same, last night dinner in Sol for two (3 courses and coffee) cost less than €50!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

I know money was tight with them, but it was the end of the lease the rent was extorsion "apparently". They rented out the entire building. They weren't getting enough sittings in one night. Only good nights for them were in the summer months when they could do sitting in the covered courtyard.

Sad was a great restaurant ran by local people. Didn't know anybody who didn't enjoy the meals they had there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Zarkava is right. Cafe SOl owner has bought it and it will re open in a couple of weeks

Advertisement