Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Poker Questions

Options
  • 28-03-2009 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I used to play a little online poker a few years(3 years maybe) ago and left $20 or so on UB in case I ever started playing poker again. I have since worked this up to $140 and was thinking of moving this to Full Tilt. I used to move and withdraw $$ using Neteller. It is my understanding that there have been some changes in the rules on moving and withdrawing money. I have also lost my Neteller details.

My question is: How can I move and withdraw existing funds form site to site??

Also, I cant remember which site I used to get my rakeback from, any way I can get rakeback again using same account?

I used to use Pokertracker and Poker Ace. Any programs come out which are better/useful?

Advise appreciated.

Johnster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Find your neteller details, still a good way of moving money. Email them from the email address you registered with them and they should help once you can answer all your security Qs. pokertracker is still fine although holdem manager is better. If you had rb you should still have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

Definetaly worth getting your Neteller details..Full Tilt is head and shoulders above the rest of the competition..Except for their support.*uhuhuh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Holdem manager does what your PT and PA HUD did but better on both counts, well worth the investment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Rakeline

Yeah contact neteller its a great site also i suggest asking there support to make your account a usd$ one that way you wont get them exchange rate charges when moving money from site to site you only get charged when withdrawing to your bank account and we dont do that nearly as much as moving from site to site.

You know you could also make a rakeback account with absolute and just move your money to that from the UB casheir just transfer the money to your new user name.

At this stage Id be happier with a euro neteller account, no extra exchange charges when using me Net+ card or for transfers to my bank account and most sites give an option to lodge and withdraw in Euros.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rakeline wrote: »
    Yeah contact neteller its a great site also i suggest asking there support to make your account a usd$ one that way you wont get them exchange rate charges when moving money from site to site you only get charged when withdrawing to your bank account and we dont do that nearly as much as moving from site to site.

You know you could also make a rakeback account with absolute and just move your money to that from the UB casheir just transfer the money to your new user name.

No plugging allowed, shameless or otherwise. Please stop this. You cannot use your posts to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnster

Thanks all,

I eventuall found my neteller details. Had to get old email address and password first. found the rakeback site and pasword so a worthwile exercise on that email too. Account is suspended as it was never set up as a full account. Send them some ID verification etc.

I can see the advantage of the € account for withdrawls but mine is in $ at the moment and i wont be making any withdrawls for the next few weeks at least, just transfers to and from sites.

One thing that I noticed that has changed was the amount of cash you can have at the table. Am I wrong in thinking that it used to be 100x the big blind and now its 200x the big blind?

Thanks again.

J

Yep, it is now 200BB max on UB.

Is it just on U have have others followed suit? What is the general opinion on this being good or bad.

My original thoughts are that it would be a good idea although it would increase variance.

Does Bankroll management need to change to have more buyins or does just dropping down a level take care of this?

Sorry for all the Q's but been away for a while so have missed all the changes.

This is only specific to UB/AP as far as I know, and most people on here would not play on there I tihnk. I haven't really played there in ages either, just have some money I haven't withdrawn so potter about once in a while. Not enough to give too much strategy advice though.

I think best thing for now if you intend to keep playing there, is to decide if you will be buying in for the new max or not. If you do then it will be higher variance I would imagine than before. It should be better to exploit the weaker players, but I would imagine that you would have to increase you bankroll requirements somewhat. For example, if you are playing .50/1 then around 3k would have been optimum starting bankroll for that previously, but I would imagine that would need to be increase somewhat now to cope with 200 buyin swings, so maybe 4k might be more appropriate? I'm certainly no expert on online bankroll management though I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

I'm not sure if you are set on playing on UB/Absolute but before you make up your mind you should probably know that those 2 sites were involved in the biggest cheating scandal in online poker. Certain players could see the hole cards of everyone else at the table -- millions of dollars of players' money was stolen and it seems like top management were involved, either in the theft or the coverup.

They've done some rebranding and PR stuff since, but the same guys still run the sites. It's possible they are safe now and the games are certainly meant to be good there, but if you get cheated there no one here will be surprised or have any sympathy for you.

For more information, try google.

Thanks for the advice,

I had heard that there had been a big scam where some people could see ALL hole cards. I used to play there several years ago and loved the site. At the time, the software seemed quicker. I am playing there at the moment as that is where I have funds but after the scandall, I would prefer to play elsewhere I think. Even if I am playing Micro Limits.

I am going to have a look through the forum for the general consensus about this but what is teh most heavily populated site at present. It used to be Party/Stars and I read that Party won't accept US customers.

Any site reccomendations specifically for cash games? Only playing nl $10 max ($20 on UB) right now but would like to make my way back to nl $100 max.

No need for general consencus, full figures here - http://www.pokerscout.com/

Advertisement