Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N82 - direct from Nokia UK - £200 - IRL delivery ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Nokia rarley sell phones directly to the republic, you would have to send it to a northern address or use a redirect service.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Nokia UK don't deliver to Ireland. I bought my N82 from Nokia UK but I routed it through a UK friend. 200 stg is a fantastic price for a fantastic phone.

Twiki wrote: »
    Nokia UK don't deliver to Ireland. I bought my N82 from Nokia UK but I routed it through a UK friend. 200 stg is a fantastic price for a fantastic phone.

As someone who has only ever bought budget phones can I ask what's so good about it? The camera and the GPS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

As someone who has only ever bought budget phones can I ask what's so good about it? The camera and the GPS?

you might get a better response if you post your query in the Mobiles Section.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

Highlights are

5MP camera
    VGA video recording
    GPS
    HSDPA (high speed internet)
    NGage games
    Skype, YouTube etc software

• Advertisement

Don't forget wifi, skype youtube etc are useless without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I would need touch screen and qwerty keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

seems a good phone from this review

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n82-review-195.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I have this phone for the past 6 months (paid €320 from ebay)
    It is a great phone imo, easy to use loads of good functionality, wifi, 5mp camera with flash, real player for youtube etc
    Never had any problems with it, and would recommend it for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭thayes

Has anyone been able to order it from Nokia UK?

I have this phone for 1+ year (longest phone I've had for years). Main reason is a superb camera, I leave the Canon at home now. Video is also great. I have bought one for a friend and I am in the process of getting another for another friend.

Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

anyone know how to get this with out having an address in the UK

jim_bob wrote: »
    anyone know how to get this with out having an address in the UK

Use a redirect service. This is where you send it to a UK address, and they forward it on to you. Has come up in this forum numerous times over the last few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I have this phone for the past 6 months (paid €320 from ebay)
    It is a great phone imo, easy to use loads of good functionality, wifi, 5mp camera with flash, real player for youtube etc
    Never had any problems with it, and would recommend it for that price

I read on some reviews the GPS functionality wasn't great, have you used this? Or can anyone else comment that has used it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Onikage wrote: »
    Use a redirect service. This is where you send it to a UK address, and they forward it on to you. Has come up in this forum numerous times over the last few months.

tell me more.

quarryman wrote: »
    tell me more.

G*****n it, learn how to use the search box :mad:

Nah, just kidding. Take a peep at this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59474562&postcount=25

I think the DealHunter guy may do something similar, but he's a shameless self-promoter so I won't post a link :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

maybe this is a silly question and forgive me if it is but can you use english in ireland i thought they had to be purchased here to work on the networks here if im wrong could i just buy a phone up north????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

danois wrote: »
    maybe this is a silly question and forgive me if it is but can you use english in ireland i thought they had to be purchased here to work on the networks here if im wrong could i just buy a phone up north????

They will work here, but they do have to be unlocked for a network. Buy sim free or make sure its unlocked. Or might be cheaper to get it unlocked in a shop

Davy wrote: »
    They will work here, but they do have to be unlocked for a network. Buy sim free or make sure its unlocked. Or might be cheaper to get it unlocked in a shop

thanks

Nokia sell their phones sim free and unlocked.

any one have any idea if i could use this phone over here thanks a million i have no idea about this kind of stuff

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1010/1255/-/5348510/JCB-ToughPhone-Vodafone-Pre-pay-Mobile-Phone/Product.html?searchtype=genre

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »
    any one have any idea if i could use this phone over here thanks a million i have no idea about this kind of stuff

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/-/1010/1255/-/5348510/JCB-ToughPhone-Vodafone-Pre-pay-Mobile-Phone/Product.html?searchtype=genre

You can use it here with roaming on but it will be locked to Vodafone UK. It won't even accept a Vodafone Ireland sim card. Also, play.com won't ship electronics to Ireland.

Onikage wrote: »
    You can use it here with roaming on but it will be locked to Vodafone UK. It won't even accept a Vodafone Ireland sim card. Also, play.com won't ship electronics to Ireland.

thanks a mill could it be sim wiped or unlocked or whatever it is they do to phones to work over here

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Nokia give 5% back through Quidco. That's £10.

Times are hard.

Advertisement