If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LE46A686 vs LE46A656

Options
  • 28-03-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im hoping someone can help me, I'm trying to figure out what's the difference between the Samsung LE46A686 and LE46A656?

In a previous post someone said they were the exact same, but I'm sure there must be differences. Does anyone know if the A686 also has 120Hz function? I will be linking up the PC so this would be important.

I've googled this but have found very little info :(

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Al

EDIT: I posted this here as I see RS are doing a great price on the A686, if there's no difference between them then I'll hopefully be in touch with JohnMc :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

The only differences are cosmetic:
    - the stand is square in the 686, oval in the 656
    - the 686 has a darker rose-black frame and a clear plastic edging, the 656 is more noticeably red and no clear edging

Both have the same insides otherwise, they both have 100hz technology, but not 120Hz AFAIK.

I've hooked my laptop up and couldn't run it @ 60Hz 1920x1200 but could @ 59.9Hz

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Yep,

dead right - it's a damn sexy TV - the bezel is ever so slightly slimmer on the 686 as well and I think it looks a lillte prettier as dimming down the red is no bad thing!

Lots of Boardies have the 686 now and I have really only heard praise about it to date..

Drop me a line if I can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Hey John no worries, I've ordered today the 46A686 and a Humax HD box from yourselves :D

I already have a Sky dish on the wall from previous tennants so bonus there.

Am looking forward to testing this bad boy out, a nice game of allout 3 should do the trick :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.