Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking phones in limerick?

Options
  • 28-03-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Anybody know any places in limerick that unlock phones beside cellular repair center? Cheap and affordable peferably .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what type of phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You can unlock Nokia phones for free online and a number of other phones.

Like the previous

What make and model is the phone?

Is it your phone?

Have you considered calling the operator and asking them for the IMEI unlock code.

As long as you have been with them 6 months or spent at least €150 on credit or both they will give you the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

Berty wrote: »
    You can unlock Nokia phones for free online and a number of other phones.

Like the previous

What make and model is the phone?

Is it your phone?

Have you considered calling the operator and asking them for the IMEI unlock code.

As long as you have been with them 6 months or spent at least €150 on credit or both they will give you the code.

cheap advice

old boy wrote: »
    cheap advice

So Cheap its free. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

What ever you do don't go near that guy in the cellular repair centre.
    I gave him in my phone 5 weeks, it had a software problem. He told me call back in later that day because he knew what was wrong with it and should have it fixed.
    I called in but it was't ready. He said he would ring in a few days. Heard nothin after 2 weeks so I rang. He said it still wasn't working but he would ring me in a few days and give me and update.
    Heard nothing for another 2 weeks so I rang again. This time he didn't know who I was or didn't remember the phone.

I still haven't got it back.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

he unlocked a nokia n73 for me - same day - but it was pretty expensive....50e

newer nokias cant be softunlocked like that though berty.

zuroph wrote: »
    newer nokias cant be softunlocked like that though berty.

Thats only the free version. I have another version which is not freeware.

ya but for the newer models doesnt it HAVE to be done by lead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Lads, I cancelled my bill contract and they have now locked my sim. How do you go about unlocking the sim card? Also how, do I go about using the phone now as prepaid? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Looking to get a sony ericsson switched from 3 to vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, big unlocking thread over on Mobiles/PDAs. That's where you need to ask these questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Theres a guy located in the alley way rite behind the chicken hut..its on.Go up roches street from the chicken hut and take the first left 100 yards.... he unlocks most phones..from €10 to €30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chipchop

if its ur own fone then its easy, did this afew years ago when changing from vodafone t meteor(free calls and txts like!!) anyways just ring up and say ur planning on going t england working for afew months and want t unlock ur fone t use a foreign sim while away and u shouldnt have a problem

Advertisement