Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with buying Laptop

Options
  • 28-03-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Please help!

I am absolute clueless when it comes to tech side of computers. I want to buy a new laptop but have no idea what to buy.
    I will need it for basic office, surfing internet, music and watching the very odd movie.
    I am looking at this laptop
    InspironTM1545
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache), Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
    Total price: 498.87

Will this fullfill all my needs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 antord

Maybe you should ring Elara.ie. (I am in no way affiliated with them) I use them alot and they are genuine listeners. They also have a forum on boards.ie you could ask them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

IF IT HAS WIDESCREEN 15inch ,with a dvd/rw drive it,ll be fine,even for youtube or movies widescreen looks better.GET LAPTOP with 3 or more usb ports,1 for mouse,1 for mp3player, one spare.the hardrive should be at least 150,or 200gig in size.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Please help!

I am absolute clueless when it comes to tech side of computers. I want to buy a new laptop but have no idea what to buy.
    I will need it for basic office, surfing internet, music and watching the very odd movie.
    I am looking at this laptop
    InspironTM1545
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache), Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
    Total price: 498.87

Will this fullfill all my needs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to provide some more information - how much memory (RAM) is in the system? Look for something like 2Gb. If it is anything less than 2Gb then performance won't be as good as it could be.

Also, how big is the Hard Drive? This isn't as important, though.

Other than that, it will do what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

for that price you should get 2gig ram,,1gig is the minimum for vista .for 500 you can get laptop with hdmi out,to connect to a hdtv.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ive-no-idea

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)
    2048MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    Intel Integrated GMA 4500MHD
    250GB (5,400rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 - English
    DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD)
    Dell Wireless 1397 Mini Card (802.11 b/g

1Yr Limited Warranty - Collect & Return
    Black palmres
    No Bluetooth Upgrade
    6-cell battery
    No Carry Case
    Inspiron 1545 Resource DVD (Diagnostic & Drivers)
    No Camera Included
    Black Colour with Matte Finish
    No Accidental Damage Suppor
    DataSafe Online Backup 2GB 1 year
    15.6" Widescreen WXGA CCFL (1366 x 768) TFT Display with TrueLife™
    Microsoft® Works 9.0 / English - (Does not include Microsoft® Word)
    No Security/Anti-Virus Protection - English
    65W AC Adaptor

If that makes any sense....sorry I know its hard to look at

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes that'll do you just grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ive-no-idea

Thanks for your help

Advertisement