Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops with XP

Options
  • 28-03-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

Is there any cheap dells that I can get with XP or XP compatable. THe new Inspirion 15's dont have XP support.

The old Inspirion 1525's had XP support. I know I can get a Vostro or Latitudes can be got with XP these are alot more expensive :(

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tech wrote: »
    Is there any cheap dells that I can get with XP or XP compatable. THe new Inspirion 15's dont have XP support.

The old Inspirion 1525's had XP support. I know I can get a Vostro or Latitudes can be got with XP these are alot more expensive :(

Can i ask why you feel the need to go back to xp? Xp has reached the end of it's life, hell even vista will be replaced later this year. The only laptops you will find with xp are, as you noted, business orientated laptops, and netbooks. And you'll pay for the privilege of xp pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭tech

i know, the 1525's were nice with the XP support :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I would suggest you pick up an Inspiron 6000 or 9400 on Ebay with at least a 1.7 Centrino. (The Celeron versions are rubbish). Im using the 9400 at the moment with XP. Had Vista last year and dumped it, it would take me a long while to get back to it.

XP will be a die hard system just like 98 and will be long time before it dissapears. XP is still the default system sold on sub notebooks using the Atom 1.6.including the Dell Mini 9

Advertisement