Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Crap

Options
  • 28-03-2009 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I have to say I am getting sick with the amount of dog crap on the footpaths around the city. It seems to me to be everywhere. Does anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I have to say I am getting sick with the amount of dog crap on the footpaths around the city. It seems to me to be everywhere. Does anyone have any thoughts on the issue?

yeah its fairly annoying alright I work on dean st. and there seems to be a fresh deposit on every morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

It's everywhere and theres no need for it, its just down to peoples laziness, as a dog owner i always clean up after my dog but i'm sick and tired of being what seems like the only one, I live across from a green area and i have never seen anybody clean up after their own dogs, Every day i see people, Both neighbours and people from other estates come down to let their dogs crap outside my house and i'm sick of it!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 iremankk

one for the litter warden to deal with! the council could be a little more proactive and provide bag/bin facilities, seriously lacking
    I'm in no way taking blame away from the dog owners, too lazy or stuck up to clean up!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

Is it down to the litter warden?

Neighbours - who I don't know bring their dog out onto the green infront of my house too and the grass is dying in one spot because of it.

Wonder would the litter warden do anything if I made a complaint?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

yes i have to agree i was in killkenny in feb on holiday and i noticed that some people let their dogs crap-anyware near the cinema it was bad i myself always walk with my dog when i come over and i think it lets all dog owners down when i see this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Round near the Cinema and along Parnell Street where the Presentation School is, is normally pepper dashed with it. I have seen a woman walking her dog along there looking like she doesn't give a monkeys and if I catch her letting her dog do it without picking it up I'll gladly suggest she does.
    I constantly have to tell my two boys to watch where they are walking, on the way to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

My guess is that the OP walks on Bleach Road regularly. One word: Eugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

One morning I woke up to Dog crap on my front steps. :mad: I've taken the measure of putting Bleach around the area of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭littletiger

I walk Freshford Road and Grange's Road regularly and it's terrible

I noticed a new 'No Dog Fouling' sign up a couple of days ago. It ws on the corner of the car park across from the Cinema.

I wonder how much good that will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's loads of them around. The walk down at the river by the old swimming pool for example, although they've put special bins for dog crap there too, which is nice.

Yeah, but I meant new as in, not had one there before.
    We need a pooper scooper like they have in Paris and places.

Advertisement