Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing Netbook in USA

Options
  • 28-03-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Folks,
    I am going to NY after Easter for a week of work and am thinking of buying a netbook while over there - maybe an Eee PC 1000HE...
    Can you guys tell me if there are issues with doing this - besides the duty?
    Issues with power supply etc?

Cheers.
    H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

as for power
    afaik most laptop tansformers will take 120v-240v 50-60hz A/C
    so you can plug it into the wall in usa or europe with no issues other than plug size.

the only pitfall i can think of is if it packs in when you get home, how hard its going to be to bring it back to the shop~!

best of luck anyways

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes all should work fine.
    Just to note, although i know the OP didn't make specific reference to it, i can't allow talk of tax evasion with regard to the import duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryH99

Apologies...
    I should have said that a friend of mine was maybe going to US and possibly thinking of...etc... This friend was of course also thinking of paying any duty that may have applied in these circumstances... I hope no one was thinking that he (or she) wouldnt...

Also thanks for the info c-note..

H

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

hah! nice work

Advertisement