If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntable & Preamp

Options
  • 28-03-2009 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi John,

Looking for a solid turntable for around the €250 mark (incl delivery to Dub). Had my eye on the NADC555. What's the best you can do this one for?

Also, anything else of a similar/superior spec at this price?

Will also need a decent pre-amp to go with the t/t.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

JP,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

The 555 is now a finished line and NAD have replaced it with the 552 which we sell at just £249.95.

I know it breaks the budget a little bit but we will do delivery foc for Boardies so teh total cost would be approx €275 inc delivery - not to be sniffed at when a popular City Centre store in Dublin is selling exactly the same model at €349 before delivery! approx 25% more expensive than our price :eek:

Again apologies for the delay in getting back to you and please drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jp4480

John

That sounds good - think I'll go with that.

What's the best you can do on a good pre-amp to go with it? Budget €50 - €100?

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 jp4480

Hi John,

Sorry to bother you on this again but keen to get my hands on some new kit!

If you can recommend a pre-amp for my Cambridge Azur 540r in the €50-€100range I'd be happy to give you a shout with payment details and pick the turntable and pre-amp up in the Philips shop if possible.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Tom.

One of the best pre-amps that we have at the moment is the Cambridge Azur 640P.

This is both a moving magnet and moving coil stage that gets great reviews in the mags, so if you are a pretty serious listener (which I am guessing you are by buying a NAD), then this is the one I would recommend.

Check out the details here :

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=CAMB-640P-BLK

I can do this for 100 Euro instead of a £100 sterling.

They are currently in stock and can be shipped with the turntable to the Philips shop for collection.

Drop me a PM if you would like to proceed with a contact number and I'll drop you a line.

All the best.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.