Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would it cost and how viable would it be.....

Options
  • 27-03-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

To f**k all our waste (scumbags included) into space in thousands of gigantic rockets?

Just throwing it out there.

This is my eureka moment. Please be gentle. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

About €0.70

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Very expensive, not very viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

Would be hugely expensive, afaik, it costs approx €20,000 per kilo to put something in orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Be cheaper to build Titanic II

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Simon Jester

Presumably you could cut down on costs by not including life support?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Terry wrote: »
    About €0.70
    Hehe :D

So the general consensus is that it would be too dear? But even think of the $7billion being spent on the collider machine. We could raise trillions if everyone pitched in. I'd be willing to donate my findings, Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Good news everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Would be hugely expensive, afaik, it costs approx €20,000 per kilo to put something in orbit.

So cheaper than jail...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

About €0.70

This guy may be Heaven sent, the Lord moves in mysterious ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Bullets are cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

We should try and get the rest of them to shoot themselves in the head.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Earth's orbit is already a huge dumping ground with tonnes of space debris floating around up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Senna wrote: »
    Bullets are cheaper
    Even cheaper if you line them up in fives and put one bullet through the lot .Technically speaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just dangle some <insert cheap, skanger beer> over a cliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Hey you can join my *Justice League of Ireland*. I'm sure buying all the weaponry will be cheaper than getting the scum into space. And shooting them would give greater satisfaction too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

About €0.70
    Is this inclusive of VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

latchyco wrote: »
    Even cheaper if you line them up in fives and put one bullet through the lot .Technically speaking

I think each scumbag deserves their own bullet, its the least we could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Ruu wrote: »
    Just dangle some <insert cheap, skanger beer> over a cliff.

Hey cheap skanger beer is nice. Dutch Gold man. It's not much if it ain't dutch, it ain't gold if it's cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Ffs, I should never have mentioned scumbags!

What about my idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Senna wrote: »
    I think each scumbag deserves their own bullet, its the least we could do.
    Indeed , but they might be to worried about dying to thank you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭grinder23

about three fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Overblood wrote: »
    Hey cheap skanger beer is nice. Dutch Gold man. It's not much if it ain't dutch, it ain't gold if it's cold.
    Ahh. Cheap beer. Anyone remember Dorfmeister or pound can carling (£1)?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

the real problem is disposing of the bodies

with Irelands reputation for greenness and promoting the free range aspect Board Bía could make a fortune advertising soylent green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Nah, rockets aren't the way to go.

Anyways, there's plenty of space in the flat midlands of Ireland for a few refuse mountains. They might be glad of the hills if we just covered them with a few feet of topsoil afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

lol as somone else hinted, Futurama have an episode where this happens in the year 2000 and in the year 3000 the waste returns and they fire another rocket of garbage to deflect the other one into space.

Someone asks, what happens if that ball returns in another 1000 years and they basically say who cares, it isn't our problem. We'll be dead by then or words to that effect.

I often wondered about it but I guess it isn't feasible or we would have already done it. Maybe we could send some with each satellite launch or ISS mission and eject it into space (not orbit).

Could be one way of doing it or getting rid of some of it I guess but we may get a visit from little green men asking what the hell is going on or worse Jesus may tell us to help keep heaven litter free or he'll send us to the other place :(

Maybe we could recycle most of it, use waste to energy incinerators for some of it and safely dispose of the rest in the least harmful way.
    Nah, rockets aren't the way to go.

Anyways, there's plenty of space in the flat midlands of Ireland for a few refuse mountains. They might be glad of the hills if we just covered them with a few feet of topsoil afterwards.

Judging from how well the government did with the one in Athlone, I'd have to not elect you and kill anyone else that tries. Those things are disgusting and proper safety precautions aren't being taken. I'm sure its not supposed to stink up the whole area like that but that's how this country works so I'm against it until they work out how to run a country and enforce the law.

Anyway, I think it would be much better if the place producing the waste took responsibility for it so Dublin can store its own waste. Then we'll see how efficient the city really is :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

K4t wrote: »
    To f**k all our waste (scumbags included) into space in thousands of gigantic rockets?

Just throwing it out there.

This is my eureka moment. Please be gentle. :)

You think America is just launching satellites? Elvis has been up there for 30 years now.

WYK

Advertisement