Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 215 Sat Nav with Bluetooth - €135 (incl delivery)

Options
  • 27-03-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

I have been searching around for a good Sat Nav with Bluetooth and hands free options. After weighing up a few contenders I decided to go for this Garmin Nuvi 215 from memoryc.com. (satnaveasy.co.uk was a few euro cheaper but I wanted to buy from an Irish company)

The Garmin 215 is the entry level Bluetooth Sat Nav model but it does have some nice features, like hands-free calling, City Navigator 2009 (v11), where am I, auto re-route.. etc

For 5% off, use the promo code ME12QV at checkout (valid till 30/4/2009) :)

Total Price: €135.43 (including delivery)

Link: Garmin Nuvi 215 GPS with UK+Ireland maps (Bluetooth) 3.5"

(btw, mysatnav.ie= €165, dabs.ie= €162, elara.ie= €154)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i hate when people do it when i post up a deal but...
    but it looks like the Garmin Nuvi 250 works out cheaper

http://www.memoryc.com/gpsnavigation/systems/garminnuvi250.html

It appears to have the same features except an older version of the city navigator but it does have all europe maps

Thanks for the post !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

The maps on the 215 and 250 are the same... the differences are:

250: Full European maps, no Bluetooth
    215: UK+Ireland maps, Bluetooth

Cheers
    -jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I got this 250W during the week which worked out at €121 delivered.....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

jk2001 wrote: »

250: Full European maps, no Bluetooth
    215: UK+Ireland maps, Bluetooth

Spot on, jayo, that sums it up great. :)

Although the confusion over Bluetooth is an easy mistake to make because of the way the specs are shown. Btw, with the 5% promo code, the Garmin 250 (European maps, no Bluetooth) works out at €125 (incl delivery).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I picked up a Garmin Nuvi 250 in DID for €99.99 the other week. It also entitled me to an upgrade of its mapping for 60 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

Thanks moon54 ordered mine yesterday,

Btw, i had a look in did tallaght and they where 60 quid dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Whats the advantage of bluetooth for this device? (I already have a bluetooth car kit installed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Lawdie wrote: »
    Whats the advantage of bluetooth for this device? (I already have a bluetooth car kit installed.)

So,you dont need to install a bluetooth car kit i guess

Bluetooth may actually be useful to you anyway... The Garmin range syncs your full phone book, txt messages etc so you can access the whole lot from your GPS. You can even use it to send txt messages.

Some of the high-end Garmins even read out incomin txt messages to you - the 700 and 800 ranges offer this option.

-jayo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

If anyone just wants a basic Garmin Satnav with UK & Ireland maps satnaveasy have the Nuvi 200 for £78.99 del to Ireland (about €85) or the Nuvi 200W widescreen version for £84.75 delivered (about €92). I ordered the 250W last Tuesday morning and it was delivered on Thursday.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Would recommend people to steer clear of satnaveasy. Having a terrible time with their customer support. 3 weeks later I'm down over €100 and no sign of a replacement sat nav for the faulty one they sent me. They don't even speak great english. First trouble I've had buying online in about 5+ years

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks for the info Moon54. Just ordered a Garmin 250 from MemoryC for the hubby's birthday but if it wasn't for your OP I would still be scratching my head wondering what to get him. Paid 129.76 inc next day delivery. Local store wanted 150 and didn't have it in stock. Thanks again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

No problem, glad to have helped. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks OP, ended up going for a 265W with memoryc. Picked up a hardrive off them a few weeks ago, great service

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Cheers OP, ordered the Garmin 255w from MemoryC , ordered Sunday evening arrived Tuesday morning. Seems fine although I suspect the box was already opened. Working fine.

Lawdie wrote: »
    Cheers OP, ordered the Garmin 255w from MemoryC , ordered Sunday evening arrived Tuesday morning. Seems fine although I suspect the box was already opened. Working fine.

Hey Lawdie, all Garmin units ship in unsealed boxes from Garmin - I am not sure why, as most other companies seal their boxes. Garmin have never done this though...

-jayo

If i get the Ireland/UK maps now, is it as simple as getting a European SD card with thsoe maps as an upgrade ?

samhail wrote: »
    If i get the Ireland/UK maps now, is it as simple as getting a European SD card with thsoe maps as an upgrade ?

Yes, you can buy the European map on an SD card and simply slot it into the slot in your Garmin.

-jayo

perfect thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

If you havent purchased yet - do your homework first. It may be cheaper to buy the UK/Irl and european maps upfront rather than upgrade later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement