Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer crashes when I log into Gmail

Options
  • 27-03-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Not always, but often. It's quite annoying. I then get the standard Vista entreatment of "Close and Restart" or "Check for Solution and Restart". I always click the latter, but no solution is ever forthcoming. I update my software very regularly, I have the latest Java and Adobe Flashplayer, and I've had the problem since at least last autumn. Tips?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Don't really like Firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

Furet wrote: »
    Don't really like Firefox.

Seems like you are too used to using IE,change is a scary thing :D

I was the same,I was being told to switch to Firefox and I wouldn't as I was to used to using IE until it wouldn't allow me to open tabs,would just crash all the time.

IE is terrible,Firefox is much better ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

firefox, chrome or safari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

Firefox, Opera, Chrome or Safari.

Anything but IE. Seriously. IE is bad for the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Quaver

I also have this problem, and it happens just enough to be very annoying!

Does anyone know what causes it, as opposed to just telling me to use a different browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Not really. IE is integral to Vista so it's not like you can uninstall it and reinstall it. And the problem could be caused by many different things.
    As An Fear Aniar said - IE is bad for the internet - it makes god kill kittens. If you don't like Firefox try Opera or Chrome.

Advertisement