Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

military button

Options
  • 27-03-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

hope this is the right section...i have a brass button from a militaty uniform with PRINCE OF WALES LEINSTER REGIMENT on it and the welsh emblem.it was taken from a derelict house i bought which no one had lived in since the 1955...is it a WWII button and if so has it any value? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

You might have a look on ebay to see something similar which might also help in it's valuation .Some people pay good money for an origianl military buttons ,assuming you wish to sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I dont know for sure but I would doubt it has very much value. You might want to check in the militaria forum (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1003) a picture showing the type and condition would probably get a more specific reply. You could also check the closing prices of that item in ebay sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Moved from WWII

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

The Leinster Regiment was one of the Irish regiments to be disbanded in 1922 when Ireland became a free state,the likely hood is the button is world war one or pre world war one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

arnhem44 wrote: »
    The Leinster Regiment was one of the Irish regiments to be disbanded in 1922 when Ireland became a free state,the likely hood is the button is world war one or pre world war one

wow thats interesting..cool ..thanks for the info ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement