Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera recomendation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You're looking at two very different types of cameras. The P90 is a bridge camera which can give you great photos out of the box. The D60 can give you even better photos but will generally require more working at. In order to match the range of the P90's lens you'd also have to buy a range of extra lens for the D60 which can cost you as much as or even many multiples of the price of the body.

If you're first and foremost a skateboarder who just wants a decent camera to take photos of yourself and your mates boarding and don't think you'll get heavily into photography any time soon, I'd go with the P90. If you think your interest in photography could possibly end up consuming you more than your love of skating, I'd go with the D60 or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

roguey wrote: »
    hi,i dont know much about photography, but im a skateboarder so i want to get a good camera for taking pictures of that. i found these two cameras and i dont know which one to get, these are the two:
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2425921/art/nikon/coolpix-p90.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1691146/art/nikon/d60-af-s-dx-vr-nikkor-18.html

i know there both good cameras but is the d60 really worth the extra money, like does an SLR really make that much of a difference? The P() has an impressive list of features, 24x zoom, wideangle lens etc

If you're hoping to take skateboarding shots the d60 is probably the better bet. It has an optical viewfinder, so you'll see through the lens, for accurate composition. It will have considerably less shutter lag than the compact. Its high ISO performance will be better because of the bigger sensor, and its more versatile in terms of what you can use to expand the system as your requirements change or grow. All round a much better idea than the compact.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

see the thing is i think it might someday ( im not that good of a skater:rolleyes:) and recently i really have been getting into photography, im only 16 so do you think that getting the p90 will be a good starting point? i dont really have the money to buy the d60 and then buy all the lenses and stuff, thats what is attracting me to the p90, it has all the stuff in it that i need in it already, good zoom, high megapixels and a wideanlge lens and a 15 fps burst shot. with the d60 the price could end up being twice what i can afford like. If you have any other recommendations of similar cameras to the d60, like a canon or something for less please tell me, thanks for all your help:)

Advertisement